Cruised quite a few times- but this is the first time...

So DH and I have cruised a fair bit- and no they are not all listed on here;-). But I was wondering for repeat cruisers with a cruise coming up- is there anything that will be a first for you?

For example- this is the first time we are traveling with just carry on bags. This is the first time we are using faster to the fun.

This will be be our kids' first time to HMC and Grand Turk (DH and I have done this itinerary twice before). It will also be our daughters' first time at the Private Oasis (but I suppose that should go without saying, since they've never been to HMC before:rolleyes::p). This will be our first time on the Pride since her 2.0 Refurb, an so our first time for Guy's Burger's. This is also our first time booking an Ocean Suite on a Carnival ship (have been in an OS twice before on Pride, but both of those times it was the work of the Upsell Fairy). This will be our first cruise with no tablecloths in the MDR and the American Table menu. It will also be our first time taking the kids to the Steakhouse.

Not a really impressive list of firsts:o. But every cruise presents us with a "first" in some category. There's always something different about each cruise.:)

Our next (8th) cruise firsts:

First time on the Pride

First time out of Baltimore

First aft cabin ( and connected to friend and daughter's Vista Suite)

First cruise for my sister and a friend

First time celebrating a birthday (daughter's 25th) while on board

First time booking a cabana at Grand Turk

First time to experience the Oasis at Half Moon Cay

Can't wait!

Fourth cruise for me, third for DH and DS.

First time leaving out of New Orleans

First time on the Dream.

First time driving in the day of. (Not that I am happy about this!)

First time in Belize and Roatan!

Edited by maeormaenot

I love all of these!!! I am so excited for all of you! This will be the first time I cruise without fake baking- I plan to blind the Lido deck in all my natural pastimes. This is the first time I am cruising without my credit card associated with the sign and sail cards. This is my first time sailing that I can't use the pool or water slides:-(

First time on the Pride

Can't wait!

Oh please do a review or post back here. I would love to here about the aft and vista suite and about the cabana!!! And all the other terrific stuff of course.

First time on the Pride

Can't wait!

You're in for a treat (or rather, two) - the Vista Suite and the Private Oasis are wonderful!:D And the cruise terminal at Baltimore is a well-run, smooth operation.:)

(1) 1st time on Carnival

(2) 1st time to all ports of call (San Juan, St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, Sint Maarten

(3) 1st time I've managed to get DH to go on cruise (although reluctantly as he doesn't like "boats")

(4) 1st time I've had a balcony

(5) Looking forward to 1st chocolate melting cake......(but not really looking forward to hairy chest contest....)

I suppose there will be a lot more 1st's. I have been to the Disney Parks several times and there's always a first each time I go.....

First time cruising on a ship with 2.0 upgrades

First time cruising on a sailing longer than 7 days (11 nights journeys )

First time at all five ports Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire, st croix and grand Turk

First time ever getting a free cruise from carnival

First time leaving and ending at different ports (Baltimore and San Juan )

You're in for a treat (or rather, two) - the Vista Suite and the Private Oasis are wonderful!:D And the cruise terminal at Baltimore is a well-run, smooth operation.:)

So glad to hear this! We're all looking so forward. The Legend was our first cruise and this will be the first time back on that class of ship. Hubby still says that was his favorite so we have to find out if it was because it was the first or he really likes that class the best. :D

We've booked a vista aft wrap for Alaska and I am vibrating I am so excited-we just have to tolerate the Bahamas next week:-)

(1) 1st time on Carnival

(2) 1st time to all ports of call (San Juan, St Thomas, Barbados, St Lucia, St Kitts, Sint Maarten

(3) 1st time I've managed to get DH to go on cruise (although reluctantly as he doesn't like "boats")

(4) 1st time I've had a balcony

(5) Looking forward to 1st chocolate melting cake......(but not really looking forward to hairy chest contest....)

I suppose there will be a lot more 1st's. I have been to the Disney Parks several times and there's always a first each time I go.....

These are some of the best firsts ever!!!! I really recommend eating at the Parrot Club in Ild San Juan. I love all of those ports of cal!!! And enjoy the balcony! This sounds like it will be such a great experience!!!

These are some of the best firsts ever!!!! I really recommend eating at the Parrot Club in Ild San Juan. I love all of those ports of cal!!! And enjoy the balcony! This sounds like it will be such a great experience!!!

I eat the chocolate melting cake everynight!!

Next cruise will be my first cruise of less than 7 days :( But its a cruise!!

Before Cruise:

First time taking my Grandma on a vacation ( she was going on the cruise now just going for the trip and staying at friends in florida while we cruise)

First time taking 3 days to get to florida (normally we do it in one and then 6 days back :D)

First time taking 19 days off work in a row... going to be ahmazing!

First time splitting everyone up in two cars.

On the Cruise

First time hopefully fingers crossed knock on wood not being sick while on a cruise or vacation (so far 13 days to go and no cold yay!)

First time booking at the British Colonial in Nassau for a day pass.

My sisters first time seeing Freeport beach and nassau beach

First time hopefully trying out breakfast <3

We've booked a vista aft wrap for Alaska and I am vibrating I am so excited-we just have to tolerate the Bahamas next week:-)

The Vista Aft Wrap was wonderful. And Alaska was amazing! I can only imagine how awesome the two together in the same cruise would be. Congrats on an excellent booking!:D