OBC now offered after booking?

figi4

We booked a week or so ago and now see that although the price hasn't dropped they are now offering $100 in OBC for the same cruise. Can we call and try to get that added to our April cruise? We haven't paid fully yet. Thanks

We booked a week or so ago and now see that although the price hasn't dropped they are now offering $100 in OBC for the same cruise. Can we call and try to get that added to our April cruise? We haven't paid fully yet. Thanks

You probably should contact your PVP to see if you qualify for the OBC. Good luck.

I hope OP is given the OBC, but if the line refuses I also hope that he will realize that he is still getting the deal he wanted at the time he booked: he certainly would not expect the line to line to try to raise his agreed upon fare if the cruise started selling better than expected, so he should not insist upon the line lowering it if the cruise started selling slower than expected.

I'm not "expecting" anything, I was just under the impression from reading here that when price drops happen that those who already booked call to get the better price. It was just a question!

You probably should contact your PVP to see if you qualify for the OBC. Good luck.

Thanks! We called and they did give each of us $25 credit. Yay! They'll probably spend it all on candy.

Thanks! We called and they did give each of us $25 credit. Yay! They'll probably spend it all on candy.

My wife will probably spend a sizeable portion of our OBC on lattes. I'll be lucky if there's enough left for me to get a box of Tic Tacs. :rolleyes::D

Thanks for the heads-up! We called our PVP (Carnival) and our cabin price went down $30 pp. That's not much but we were also able to get the $50 OBC under the current sale. So, total saving $110. That's enough to cover our pre-cruise hotel cost.

Thanks for the heads-up! We called our PVP (Carnival) and our cabin price went down $30 pp. That's not much but we were also able to get the $50 OBC under the current sale. So, total saving $110. That's enough to cover our pre-cruise hotel cost.

:) Great!

Next time, get yourself a TA who is a top producer for the line(s) you are considering.

Why? I find a TA to be a total waste of my time when booking with Carnival. One can do everything on their own and not have to wait for a TA or PVP. Also, a lot of TA's will charge a service charge to change prices.

OP, anytime you are before final payment, and you see something like this, a price drop, an obc, then yes, you can call and get the price adjusted.

If you are after final payment, then you can only call and get the price adjusted if you booked Early Saver.