Grand Cayman- 7 mile beach?

belizabeth28

My boyfriend and I will be stopping in Grand Cayman on our cruise in May, we typically like doing day passes at resorts but are having trouble finding one. We were thinking of winging it at 7 Mile Beach for the day and were hoping to get some feedback. Are there easily accessible beach bars and restaurants? Are there bathroom facilities located on the beach? Or does anyone have any suggestions for resort day passes? This cruise only has 3 ports (Carnival Dream leaving May 1) so we are only doing beach days, no tours or excursions. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated..thank you!!

Sea Grape beach area has just what you want. Lounger/umbrella rentals, watersport rentals, restrooms, food/drink....hop on the bus...easy, nice day! The bus is $2.50 pp and is about 1 block beyond the tender dock.

You rarely need to pay a hotel to have a great beach day!

Edited by cb at sea

My boyfriend and I will be stopping in Grand Cayman on our cruise in May, we typically like doing day passes at resorts but are having trouble finding one. We were thinking of winging it at 7 Mile Beach for the day and were hoping to get some feedback. Are there easily accessible beach bars and restaurants? Are there bathroom facilities located on the beach? Or does anyone have any suggestions for resort day passes? This cruise only has 3 ports (Carnival Dream leaving May 1) so we are only doing beach days, no tours or excursions. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated..thank you!!

We have been, and are going again, to Royal Palms Beach Club. We rent a cabana, but it's not necessary to do so. If I remember correctly there is a nominal entrance fee plus fees for umbrella and chairs. Check them out on TripAdvisor.

Can't wait to go back next month!

We just hopped on a bus & went down to the area by Calico Jacks. It's a nice little beach bar - good drinks, food looked good. Loungers & umbrellas available for rent.

We didn't eat there so can't comment on the food. We did get some jerk pork from a guy who had a grill set up by the parking lot. It was very, very good (in fact, my extremely fussy 10 yo said "this is the best meat I've ever eaten").

I'm usually a planner and book cruises and excursions well in advance, but decided to take a last minute cruise next month and have no excursions booked. I just want to relax on a nice clean beach that has clean restrooms and maybe the ability to buy a drink. Has anyone been to the Westin Grand Cayman? Hoping it's not too late to get a pass with them

http://www.resortforaday.com/Westin-Grand-Cayman-Day-Pass-p/gtgcwe-h.htm