Princess Beverage Package Pricing

Our experience of Princess over Christmas New Year was that you could only bring wine on when embarking initially. If you had bought wine in New Zealand, for example as a souvenir, it would have been taken by security and held for you until the voyage ended. Bags were xrayed when boarding at each port. At embarkation the X-ray picked up our wine and we were directed to a table to declare it. There were no problems but you might like to check the rules and be aware they are enforced :)

In Nov 2014 on Sea Princess we stopped at Napier. We had been looking for wines from a local organic winery. We found the wine at an organic grocery store and bought 6 bottles. We declared them when we boarded, fully expecting to impounded but were allowed to take them to our cabin. Go figure as they say.

Sometimes you can bring alcohol on at ports of call and sometimes you can't. It depends on what ruling the Hotel Director has put in place. I suggest checking with the Security personnel when you disembark at the first port.

Really? I didn't know that...

Normally there has always been a manned desk to declare any alcohol when re-boarding at each port. The bottles are taken, and returned to your cabin the night before dissembarkation...(which can work in your favour if you have the same cabin on a b2b..:D).

You must of had a very happy Hotel Director. Perhaps just got a pay rise :D

That's the clincher for me deciding that I won't get value out of it, not on a cruise that's 50% port days. I don't drink juice, soft drink etc so it'd all be booze, and that's a LOT of booze!

This is the exact issue I face. I know that during sea days that I will get more than enough value from a package, but would I get it on port days?

I just dont think I am going to spend $800 on drinks (on board) in under 2 weeks.

This is the exact issue I face. I know that during sea days that I will get more than enough value from a package, but would I get it on port days?

I just dont think I am going to spend $800 on drinks (on board) in under 2 weeks.

I'm also factoring in my 2 'free' BYO wines, and the two bottles of bubbly I'm getting as part of other packages (vow renewal + balcony dinner), happy hour and other promotions e.g. last cruise on Golden Princess they were selling Limoncello as an after dinner treat in the MDR for a couple of bucks including a souvenir glass.

So I'd need to be drinking 2 x cocktails, 2 x glasses of wine, 2 x beers on top of all that, every day, just to break even on the AIBP package. I could do it, easy, but I don't think my body would love me for it!

So I'd need to be drinking 2 x cocktails, 2 x glasses of wine, 2 x beers on top of all that, every day, just to break even on the AIBP package. I could do it, easy, but I don't think my body would love me for it!

That's what i am thinking too. I drink far too much soft drink... so I will probably just get that package and pay for booze as I go.

My wallet _and_ my liver will be better for the experience too!