Cabin E731 on Grand Princess for Aug 2017; Alaska

PaperSniper4

I am thinking of booking this voyage on the Grand for our 50th anniversary in 2017. I like the idea of a covered balcony (Alaska cruise remember!), a better view, larger head and cabin, but don't particularly need a larger balcony for this voyage. I have read that the mini-suites on the Grand's Emerald deck might be preferred my many because they have a covered balcony, and some at least might have a better view than cabins farther forward on the Dolphin deck.

I see lots of recommendations for cabin E731 on Princess ships, but not specifically for the Grand Princess. They say it has a wider balcony and it's a Mini-Suite cabin. However, everywhere I go to verify that cabin is a mini on Princess' web page and other TA pages, cabin E731 is listed as a "balcony" cabin, category B4....not as a Mini cabin. I care about the view and size of the cabin more than the size of the balcony.

So, can anyone who has sailed on the Grand confirm that cabin E731 has the larger head and cabin as do the ME category cabins?

Confirmation is very much appreciated!:cool:

Worse case we are sailing on the Grand in April, and I could just go knock on on the door of E731 and ask, but I want to keep this 2017 cruise a secret from my wife for the time being......;)

E731 is a regular balcony cabin on the Grand. The cabin and bathroom are the same as any balcony cabin. We are booked in E730 next month on the Grand. We love the aft view and the covered balcony. Also, there is very little or no wind on these balconies.

The minis on the Grand Class ships do not have covered balconies except for 6 on each side of the Emerald deck. These cabins go quickly.

Happy 50th Anniversary. We are celebrating ours with a cruise to Alaska in June of this year!

Cheers, Denise

We booked E729 on the Grand last August in Alaska. We had a fantastic view from the extended balcony which was partially covered and there was no wind.

I have had this cabin on both the Star and the Golden....sweet!!

However, on the Grand, we were in this location (far aft) on the Caribe ... least stable ship on which we've sailed.

I am thinking of booking this voyage on the Grand for our 50th anniversary in 2017. I like the idea of a covered balcony (Alaska cruise remember!), a better view, larger head and cabin, but don't particularly need a larger balcony for this voyage. I have read that the mini-suites on the Grand's Emerald deck might be preferred my many because they have a covered balcony, and some at least might have a better view than cabins farther forward on the Dolphin deck.

I see lots of recommendations for cabin E731 on Princess ships, but not specifically for the Grand Princess. They say it has a wider balcony and it's a Mini-Suite cabin. However, everywhere I go to verify that cabin is a mini on Princess' web page and other TA pages, cabin E731 is listed as a "balcony" cabin, category B4....not as a Mini cabin. I care about the view and size of the cabin more than the size of the balcony.

So, can anyone who has sailed on the Grand confirm that cabin E731 has the larger head and cabin as do the ME category cabins?

Confirmation is very much appreciated!:cool:

Worse case we are sailing on the Grand in April, and I could just go knock on on the door of E731 and ask, but I want to keep this 2017 cruise a secret from my wife for the time being......;)

E731 on the Grand is a balcony. It's considered a premium balcony because it has the aft view. The balcony is covered. I would be sure to pick cabins on the Emerald deck starboard side on the Grand. Port side cabins on the Grand tend to be noisy from the sound from the Vista Lounge.

Edited by KruzPrincess

E731 is a regular balcony cabin on the Grand. The cabin and bathroom are the same as any balcony cabin. We are booked in E730 next month on the Grand. We love the aft view and the covered balcony. Also, there is very little or no wind on these balconies.

The minis on the Grand Class ships do not have covered balconies except for 6 on each side of the Emerald deck. These cabins go quickly.

Happy 50th Anniversary. We are celebrating ours with a cruise to Alaska in June of this year!

Cheers, Denise

Thanks so much Denise! I appreciate hearing that, and solving the mystery. I was surprised to hear you say the wind was very little on that balcony, I'd expect it to be pretty bad since it was an aft cabin. But we have never had an aft cabin, so I cannot speak from experience.

So, I am not planning on booking one of the Emerald deck cabins.

Doug

We booked E729 on the Grand last August in Alaska. We had a fantastic view from the extended balcony which was partially covered and there was no wind.

Thanks Suzie. I have been considering that specific cabin. It is a Mini, correct? I can't tell from the deck plans that it has an extended balcony (which is not that important to me), but I do appreciate hearing about the wind and that it is at least partially covered. I'm assuming the view is better from E729 near the stern than from the 6 or so Mini cabins farther forward on the Emerald deck?

Doug

E731 on the Grand is a balcony. It's considered a premium balcony because it has the aft view. The balcony is covered. I would be sure to pick cabins on the Emerald deck starboard side on the Grand. Port side cabins on the Grand tend to be noisy from the sound from the Vista Lounge.

Thanks for that helpful info!:cool: That is indeed my plan. We usually get a balcony cabin on the Caribe deck for our Caribbean/Hawaii cruises, but for this Alaska trip, our 50th anniversary, the cabin amenities and view are more important that a large balcony.

Thanks Suzie. I have been considering that specific cabin. It is a Mini, correct? I can't tell from the deck plans that it has an extended balcony (which is not that important to me), but I do appreciate hearing about the wind and that it is at least partially covered. I'm assuming the view is better from E729 near the stern than from the 6 or so Mini cabins farther forward on the Emerald deck?

Doug

We were in mini E729 on the Grand going to Hawaii. We did have some strong winds, and had to have our Ultimate Balcony Dinner in the cabin.

It is one of our favorite cabins ever. Nice size and extremely comfy sofa. However, I expected the bathroom to be larger. C'est la vie!

We were in mini E729 on the Grand going to Hawaii. We did have some strong winds, and had to have our Ultimate Balcony Dinner in the cabin.

It is one of our favorite cabins ever. Nice size and extremely comfy sofa. However, I expected the bathroom to be larger. C'est la vie!

Thanks for the additional info on that cabin.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks so much Denise! I appreciate hearing that, and solving the mystery. I was surprised to hear you say the wind was very little on that balcony, I'd expect it to be pretty bad since it was an aft cabin. But we have never had an aft cabin, so I cannot speak from experience.

So, I am not planning on booking one of the Emerald deck cabins.

Doug

we just got off the Grand and we were in E732 the suite on Port aft corner. We loved the position. The wake is noisy but we liked that. The balcony was huge and sheltered, we had shade going down to Mexico and sun coming back. As others have said there is indeed noise on this side because the cabins are directly above the stage in the Vista Lounge. Most mornings they had Zumba start at 9am which was fine because we were headed out to breakfast anyway. Some evenings we could hear the music and singing very clearly, but it was always over by 11- 11.30 ish. Did not spoil our vacation, but some people may not like it. I would book the aft again, nice and private balconies.Oh and for those that don't know the aft of the ship is rockier than midship cabins... be prepared for some swaying - I liked it but it is much more noticeable. I am still feeling it now 2 days later!

Edited by Britinsac

we just got off the Grand and we were in E732 the suite on Port aft corner. We loved the position. The wake is noisy but we liked that. The balcony was huge and sheltered, we had shade going down to Mexico and sun coming back. As others have said there is indeed noise on this side because the cabins are directly above the stage in the Vista Lounge. Most mornings they had Zumba start at 9am which was fine because we were headed out to breakfast anyway. Some evenings we could hear the music and singing very clearly, but it was always over by 11- 11.30 ish. Did not spoil our vacation, but some people may not like it. I would book the aft again, nice and private balconies.Oh and for those that don't know the aft of the ship is rockier than midship cabins... be prepared for some swaying - I liked it but it is much more noticeable. I am still feeling it now 2 days later!

Thanks for that information. We are early risers, and early to bedders also! I think Ben Franklin had something to say about that!:cool: So the noise from the Vista lounge would probably be an issue for us, since we normally are in bed by 10 PM. Still, the other attributes of that particular cabin are intriguing: we like to hear the water go by, and we like the rocking.

• 10 months later...
I just booked E730 and cannot find any pictures of the baloney. Can anyone send some in?

Here are a few photos I found from our cruise. We love the aft balconies. You can see how much room we had after the table was sent up. We took some great photos leaving San Francisco too.

Cheers, Denise

c7bad6f50b9632962d4d0e14c8b5de26.jpg2f9d234d1de1f5f1eee874964e0055cb.jpga21a5f6fcdcca822e7d8250599464d52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by dchip
Added content