will the caribbean sun affect my colored hair?

DKB1670

I colored my hair yesterday (it's a dark brown with a touch of red) will the carribean sun dry out my hair or ruin the color? what can ido to prevent anything from happening to my hair? thanks!

Wear a hat! Seriously - my natural hair color is the same as yours. Some years ago (before I started covering the gray), we spent two weeks in the Florida sun - I came back with carrot red hair! Yikes. Fortunately, it was quite short at the time and didn't take too long to grow out. I can just imagine what would have happened with colored hair. Now I wear a hat in the sun.

As someone who colors her hair, I've found the sun does change the hair color if you're out in the sun a lot. The salt water and freshwater pools will also negatively affect your color. When I came home from a long cruise and spent a lot of time in the sun, my hair changed from a honey blond to a platinum---I've never had hair so light. Wear a hat and if you're going swimming, wet your hair in the room and comb conditioner through your hair and don't rinse it out until you shower after being in the pool. Got that tip from my hairdresser.

I use a hair sunblock. It is made by a company called Rusk.My hair is colored red with highlights. I find it works quite well. I do also take the exta precaution of wearing a hat if I'm going to be out in the sun for an extended period of time.

Linda

I am with you all.....

Just returned from a week in Aruba....

I have highlights in my hair. I have dark brown hair, with very subtle highlights.... right before vacation had my highlights done again...

Man, oh Man, when I got home the nice subtle highlights were so brassy!!!.... I will never again do highlights prior to vacation... BTY my haridresser warned me!!.....

And off subject... I love the sun, hate coming home.... I wore a 23 sunscreen on my face on the beach, still was not worth it for a week... My skin looks horrible right now. Do a high sunscreen... I know feels great while you are on the beach, but when you come home and your skin is all dried out, it is not worth it.....

Archived