Excursion recommendations for Southern Caribbean Itinerary HELP!

Pandabear90

St John's, Antigua

Basseterre, St Kitts

Castries, St Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

Open to the following type of excursions and others...which island above would you do the following in:

Zip line

Beach Day

Scenery Tour/hiking

Snorkeling/catamaran

Dolphins,

ATV/quad

Open to suggestions or opinions

Thanks all!

I recommend snorkeling in St. Kitts with Captain Glen -- search for "Speedy 4 Charter St. Kitts" on Facebook. Just did this last month, had a GREAT time without all the people you get on regular excursions.

When you get off the ship, you just take a left as you exit the gated area and go to the marina entrance. It's maybe a two minute walk.

St John's, Antigua

Basseterre, St Kitts

Castries, St Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

Open to the following type of excursions and others...which island above would you do the following in:

Zip line

Beach Day

Scenery Tour/hiking

Snorkeling/catamaran

Dolphins,

ATV/quad

Thanks all!

We have done Cosul twice in Saint Lucia - great all day tour and you see EVERYTHING! New vans and great drivers.

We did the Orchid World and Mansion in Barbados I think it was called Island Delights. We wanted to do the cooking excursion, but they changed the time, then cancelled it the night before.

And the train in St. Kitts. Loved the train, we'd do it again.

We stayed on the ship in Antigua and St. Lucia due to the high crime report from that ship chasing lawyer.

Edited by knittinggirl

Another vote for Cosol in St Lucia. Did this tour with our 3 adult children & spouses & everyone agreed that it was the best day of our cruise.

In St Kitts we did the island tour with Thenford Grey and had a wonderful day as well.

In Barbados we did a DIY day with the guys playing golf & the girls went to Accra beach. After golf the guys walked a block or so to the beach.

We are headed back in MarchApril on a B2B and have rented cars in Barbados & St Kitts for another DIY day. In St Lucia I think we will stay local and visit the port area & town via the water taxi and walking.

The islands a beautiful so you will have a great time no matter what.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

St John's, Antigua

Basseterre, St Kitts

Castries, St Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

Zip line

Beach Day

Scenery Tour/hiking

Snorkeling/catamaran

Dolphins,

ATV/quad

Thanks all!

We did a tour with Liz Pereira - Pereira Tours - same tour and loved it.

We did ships tours in St. Lucia - catamaran cruise to the Pitons - we had a blast - we like 1/2 day tours. We used ship's tour in Barbados but wouldn't again - swam with the turtles but there were so many people.

Two of the best excursions we have ever taken were Calabaza (sail and snorkel) on Barbados and the Serenity Island tour on St. Lucia. We took the Lawrence of Antigua tour, which was fine, but Antigua has really beautiful beaches, so that would be a good island for a beach day.

Edited by handbellplayer

Cosol tours is the best thing I've ever done on vacation. I loved it so much that I became a diplomat and moved to the Caribbean. My family and friends have taken it since then and also say it's the best thing they've done on vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet another vote for Cosol tours. Best excursion we have had

In St. Kitts we did an all-day tour with Thenford Grey.. a great day and he took us to the beach for a few hours before coming back to the ship.

Bridgetown, Barbados - Take a taxi to the Boatyard.. The beach is wonderful.

In Antigua, we've walked to the city centre on two different cruises and taken the bus to two different beaches. Very reasonable ($1.50 each U.S.) and a great day at each beach... one was Valley Church beach and the other was Jolly Beach.

We did a catamaran trip in St. Lucia but it's been so long ago, I can't remember the name of the company.

Edited by hancogran

Thanks for everyone's input, are these islands more so scenic? I didn't see anyone say anything about some like physical activity type excursions?

I was going to ask what sort of thing do you like to do? Hiking? Photography? Beach? Wind Surfing? Snorkelling? Without knowing what floats your boat / ship / dingy, it will be difficult to offer any real suggestions. :o

Thanks for everyone's input, are these islands more so scenic? I didn't see anyone say anything about some like physical activity type excursions?

You mentioned snorkeling, so I offered snorkeling:

I recommend snorkeling in St. Kitts with Captain Glen -- search for "Speedy 4 Charter St. Kitts" on Facebook. Just did this last month, had a GREAT time without all the people you get on regular excursions.

When you get off the ship, you just take a left as you exit the gated area and go to the marina entrance. It's maybe a two minute walk.

Captain Glen will also do fishing excursions instead of / in addition to snorkeling.

St John's, Antigua

Basseterre, St Kitts

Castries, St Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

Zip line

Beach Day

Scenery Tour/hiking

Snorkeling/catamaran

Dolphins,

ATV/quad

Hey Panda, Just did these ports 3 weeks ago and I'm very active/adventurous when on vacay. Here's my take:

• Antigua - google Adventure Antigua Xtreme Navigation. I just had my very fave day in Antigua on this excursion. Awesome day.... speedboat thrills, snorkelling, Stingray City, siteseeing in and out of coves & The Dockyard... an all-in-one day, just an excellent day all around with lots of rum punch.
  • St Kitts - very scenic. Again one of my fave days ever in the Caribbean on Blue Water Safari catamarans to Nevis. A much better day than one of Thenford Greys tours (which are not active but nice for site seeing). Again lots of rum punch!
    http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46206348&highlight=safari#post46206348
  • St Lucia - yet another one of my fave days ever I just had with Herod's "Land & Sea" tour (google them.. great mix of scenic, activity at the waterfalls and mud baths, and then beach time/snorkel.. in the most beautiful place on earth)
  • - if you've never been before, swimming with the turtles is a must. Silvermoon catamarans is highly rated (just did it) as is Calabaza (never done these guys but many here on CC love them)

I should do a quick photo & excursion review of my recent Jewel southern itinerary... lots of Jewel and southern ports talk lately here in CC.... hmmm

We did the Segway tour in St Kitts. We really enjoyed it and they met us right outside the ship area. We came back to the ship for lunch and then walked up the hill to a pretty garden with an infinity pool, bar,wi fi for a little while. Great view of ship/harbor we got great pics. I think 5.00 admission and covered chairs/umbrellas at pool. Easily walkable along the water and then at the top just past the statue is the entrance.

A few ideas

Antigua. The Mystic Catamaran with lobster lunch. Usually offered through RC. Check trip advisor for the best reviews I've ever seen.

Barbados. If you just want a beach day...Boatyard is great. $5 cab ride a few minutes away. Think $20/person includes chair & shared umbrella, 1 cocktail and return transportation to ship. They have a restaurant, music, restrooms, water trampoline, rope swing, etc. lots of fun.

Otherwise the Tiami Catamaran is awesome. Do the one that includes lunch. So fun

St Lucia. I found Joys Adventures on Trip Advisor. People rave about it. About $100. Boat ride, mud baths, waterfall, snorkeling and a traditional St Lucian picnic at the owners home.

Another recommendation for Silver Moon Charters in Barbados. We did the 12-passenger charter and it really was one of the best excursions we've ever done! While we haven't cruised that often, we do take regular vacations to the Caribbean and frequently do snorkel trips. You won't go wrong with them.

Also did the Thenford Grey tour in St Kitts. It was an enjoyable day trip as well. Have fun!!

We were undecided what to do on St Kitts. We got off the ship with another couple and wandered over to the area where the cab drivers were waiting. One of them had a sign about rainforest hikes. We selected him and went hiking for about an hour and a half. We could have hiked longer but the other couple wanted to see more of the island so we turned back. When we returned we all realized how much we had enjoyed the hike and we're sorry we had shortened it. Oh well. Next time we will go longer!

St lucia: We booked a zipline tour with Palm Services Ltd @ Treetop Adventure Park in Dennery. Payed 59.00 per person (with transportation), the ride there take a while but our driver made it to a tour within the tour.

Drived through a bannaplantage, stoped at several places for us to take pictures. We had a wonderfull day and wouldn't mind doing it again.