Debarking in Cozumel

Bama Fan

We had a friend do this on a previous cruise back in 2012, I am not sure they allow it anymore.

All he had to do was notify the cruise line so they could have a Mexico customs officer meet him onboard and clear him through customs. Once he did that he was free to go. He had to have all his luggage and belongings available when he went to meet the customs officer.

I would think that if you only had carry on baggage you could potentially roll yourself and your carry on right off the ship and then simply "miss" getting back on.

When we went to Bermuda many passengers disembarked and went for a couple of days at all inclusive resorts - they clearly took things with them - perhaps some didn't "make it back in time for all onboard"

I would think that if you only had carry on baggage you could potentially roll yourself and your carry on right off the ship and then simply "miss" getting back on.

When we went to Bermuda many passengers disembarked and went for a couple of days at all inclusive resorts - they clearly took things with them - perhaps some didn't "make it back in time for all onboard"

And you will then be entering the country illegally. To enter the country (for a stay) is different than just being in the country (off a cruise ship) for a day, immigration-wise.

Certainly you could do this, but, when you present yourself at the airport for your flight back home, you won't have been processed properly to enter the country, and could have a problem (until you straighten it out).

And you will then be entering the country illegally. To enter the country (for a stay) is different than just being in the country (off a cruise ship) for a day, immigration-wise.

Certainly you could do this, but, when you present yourself at the airport for your flight back home, you won't have been processed properly to enter the country, and could have a problem (until you straighten it out).

Yes, good luck getting out of the country without the Mexican Tourist Card that is issued by Mexican Immigration when you enter the country.

More likely they were carrying wedding wear in that luggage.

We got a huge ration of ***** from security when trying to get off in Cozumel with a carry on bag. The bag happened to be full of snorkel gear for 4 people, 2 inflatable booster seats, and inflatable beach toys (and was much easier to roll than carry.) I had to stop the line, unlock my suitcase and show them what was inside (meanwhile my kids had already dinged off the ship while and were walking out to Mexico alone while they held us.) Not a happy moment.