Hilton mvp rates

royalcruz

I use the MVP rate pretty regularly--and have never really seen what their parameters for being an "athlete" were, but I assumed I qualify legitimately. The restrictions say, "Please note: You must be an athletic administrator, athlete, or affiliated with a sports entity, sports-related company, sports group or event to be eligible. You will be asked to show credentials, such as an official business card designated with your team logo, etc."

I belong to both US Masters Swimming and USA Triathlon. I'm an age-grouper, not elite, but I have proof of both memberships. However, the "proof" for both of these memberships are ID cards on my phone (easily made fraudulently if you were dedicated), and for USAT, a keychain card. Unlike AAA, in my experience, you have to give the number to even get the rate when you reserve. With athlete registration numbers, they vary widely and would be hard to verify. I am staying at a Hampton Inn in two weeks with an MVP rate. I'll try to remember to come back and comment if they ask for ID.

We are affiliated with USA womens soccer and have never been asked. I know they will ask for government rates

• 4 weeks later...

MVP update - Hilton Marina.

My brother just now checked into the Hilton Marina in Fort Lauderdale using the MVP rate. No questions asked and he even questioned the clerk about it (since he is staying again after his cruise) and was told that everything was fine.

He booked this rate about 6 months ago, before they changed the MVP Hilton website. He did not know about the requirements at the time.

I do agree that booking this MVP rate without qualifying is not the way to go now that it is spelled out on the website.