Hilton mvp rates

royalcruz

For those of you who have been booking Hiltonfamilyvmp rates, I just wanted to let you know that hilton has now defined exactly who is eligible, and the websites states that valid eligibility-qualifying ID is required. So we can no longer book it saying that we didn't know because the website didn't say...here are the details...

http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/

I had a few concerns about this, as I have a couple of reservations already on the MVP rate, but, when i click the link that says 'Register Now' it appears to be a special promotion to achieve Gold status with 4 stays within 90 days and a discount from the MVP rate.

I called and inquired and was told that was for the Gold match status promo that is being offered. Since I'm already Gold and registered for the MVP I was told I could still book the rate.

But who knows, it may be like princess where we get a different answer every time we call!!! lol

Wonder what they are going to say when we show up in 2 weeks with our MVP rate booked last spring?

You should be fine, as that was well before they changed the website. I was concerned about my March reservation after I saw the new website information so I called the Hilton Marina (Fort Lauderdale) directly and talked to the reservation department - they assured me that my MVP deal would be honored.

If you have concerns, I would call the hotel directly ASAP.

You should be fine, as that was well before they changed the website. I was concerned about my March reservation after I saw the new website information so I called the Hilton Marina (Fort Lauderdale) directly and talked to the reservation department - they assured me that my MVP deal would be honored.

If you have concerns, I would call the hotel directly ASAP.

That's a good idea!

• 1 month later...

Just found this thread while doing a search.

Please advise if the following statement is correct. If we are booking for 2017, and not affiliated with a sports team, we can no longer get the MVP rate.

I recently booked the ES for Feb/17 pre cruise and Mar/17 post cruise and the MVP rate was not available at the time of booking. I only got the HHonors discounted rate for both reservations. I guess the new terms and conditions explain why the MVP rate was not available to me.

Just found this thread while doing a search.

Please advise if the following statement is correct. If we are booking for 2017, and not affiliated with a sports team, we can no longer get the MVP rate.

I recently booked the ES for Feb/17 pre cruise and Mar/17 post cruise and the MVP rate was not available at the time of booking. I only got the HHonors discounted rate for both reservations. I guess the new terms and conditions explain why the MVP rate was not available to me.

Not being able to get the MVP rate at ES is normal (in my experience), so try Hilton Marina. Again, call the hotel to confirm that they will honor the rate like I did.

Dave

Not being able to get the MVP rate at ES is normal (in my experience), so try Hilton Marina. Again, call the hotel to confirm that they will honor the rate like I did.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. My point was more about not meeting the current T&C's. I understand that they should honour MVP rates that were booked prior to the T&C's being posted but since I'm booking after the update, and am not affiliated with a sports team, I now don't qualify for these rates. So there's not much point in trying to get the MVP rate, for those of us who don't qualify, at any Hilton affiliated hotel, is there?

Thanks, Dave. My point was more about not meeting the current T&C's. I understand that they should honour MVP rates that were booked prior to the T&C's being posted but since I'm booking after the update, and am not affiliated with a sports team, I now don't qualify for these rates. So there's not much point in trying to get the MVP rate, for those of us who don't qualify, at any Hilton affiliated hotel, is there?

Well, I guess thats up to you. I think the individual hotels have the option to honor the MVP rate, even if you do not meet all the conditions. All you can do is call and ask.

Well, I guess thats up to you. I think the individual hotels have the option to honor the MVP rate, even if you do not meet all the conditions. All you can do is call and ask.

Wouldn't it be like booking the AAA member rate when one is not a member? When one is asked for proof of membership at check-in, as we should have for the MVP rate, according to the T&C's, if we're not able to provide the proof, then I fear being charged full rack rate. I don't need that stress; I have enough stress as it is. I'd rather just book a rate that I can live with in advance, particularly since the USD is currently costing us C$1.40. YMMV

Edited by Alberta Quilter

Just what I've found is that I can get a better rate at Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale from http://www.lmtclub.com than I could using Hilton MVP....or booking directly with the ES.

Ashland, would you provide more information about lmtclub.com? It looks like it costs to join but I can't find out how much it costs. Can you provide some examples, if you have them, of the rates that you found between booking directly, through MVP and with lmtclub?

One other thing, do you have to pay right at booking for the hotel room, when booking through lmtclub? Because of the current economic instability here and my concerns about continued employment, I don't want to commit money now for a booking in Feb/17. We won't actually decide to take the cruise until closer to final payment (unless I get laid off in the meantime). But we would be travelling in a peak time which is why I've made the reservations so early. They can be cancelled with no penalty. How is cancellation handled through lmtclub?

Thanks!

Edited by Alberta Quilter

I always check the terms of the rate I want to book to ensure I meet the conditions, which is easily done by clicking on the name of the rate while booking online. I always want to get the best deal but want it to do it legitimately as well - don't need the stress of worrying whether or not I'll be caught if I don't qualify. For the MVP code, each hotel has different terms so it's always good to check when booking.

For example, when I did a dummy booking for this June on the MVP site, the Hilton Marina currently states: "MVP Program HHonors number and sports affiliation ID required for booking and check in." However, at the Bahia Mar, you only need to be an HHonors member: "Special Rate. HHonors number required when booking. Subject to availability restrictions at each hotel. Restrictions: Must be requested. Do not offer. HHonors number/card required when booking."

Edited by jadephoenixx

Ashland, would you provide more information about lmtclub.com? It looks like it costs to join but I can't find out how much it costs.

One other thing, do you have to pay right at booking for the hotel room, when booking through lmtclub? . How is cancellation handled through lmtclub?

Thanks!

I can help here...there is usually a promo code that you can use to join the "club" for no cost. I don't know anyone that has ever paid or even had to "renew' the membership. you can probably find one on google. Or go to lastminutetravel.com and see if they are running a special on that site. Its basically the same company but the club offers a little lower cost and shows you all the hotel info including name.

There is a great cancelation policy with these sites. Not like hotwire or priceline. Here you have up to 4 days prestay to cancel. Unless the hotel has something different. Yes you have to charge it when booking. But you can cancel and get your credit within in a few days. We've cancelled and rebooked several times with no hassle or trouble.

Know that the hotel choices change from time to time and during peak times, may be fewer. Just have to keep watching. If a price drops just cancel what you had and rebook. After shopping around it is our go to site for most hotel stays.

Edited by eandj

Wouldn't it be like booking the AAA member rate when one is not a member? YMMV

You are exactly right. Hilton is wonderful to offer these rates to sports teams and athletes when they are at a tournament, they are also the sponsoring hotel chain for Team USA. I know there has been other discussions on these boards on if you can book this rate and get away with it isn't that great. This is the reason they have had to tighten up the restrictions for this rate, people were booking it who weren't entitled to. We appreciate that Hilton offers for the mvp rate and we never use this rate unless our son is actually staying at the hotel with us while attending a tournament, we never have and never would use it for a stay before a cruise or while on vacation.

They make who is eligible very clear in the terms: You must be an athletic administrator, athlete, or affiliated with a sports entity, sports-related company, sports group or event to be eligible. You will be asked to show credentials, such as an official business card designated with your team logo, etc

Ashland, would you provide more information about lmtclub.com? It looks like it costs to join but I can't find out how much it costs. Can you provide some examples, if you have them, of the rates that you found between booking directly, through MVP and with lmtclub?

One other thing, do you have to pay right at booking for the hotel room, when booking through lmtclub? Because of the current economic instability here and my concerns about continued employment, I don't want to commit money now for a booking in Feb/17. We won't actually decide to take the cruise until closer to final payment (unless I get laid off in the meantime). But we would be travelling in a peak time which is why I've made the reservations so early. They can be cancelled with no penalty. How is cancellation handled through lmtclub?

Thanks!

Looks like eandj answered exactly like I would have.

If you want to provide me the exact dates you are looking at for the ES I would be happy to check the rate for you.

Yes I agree...I haven't heard of anyone actually paying for membership for Last Minute Travel Club...I've had mine for quite some time and have never had to renew it.

Best of luck and I hope you're able to travel and have no worries about employment.

Thanks everyone for the follow-up advice and information.

Ashland, the dates are Feb 10 - 12/17 (two nights) and Mar 5/17 (one night). Thank you for looking up the pricing.

Sorry..Just checked your dates and it's (Embassy Suites) not showing up (this happens during high season at times). Also checked the Hyatt Place on http://www.valuetrips.com and a bit too early for their schedule....but this is something you should keep an eye on also great hotel and location and this is usually a great discount site to book this hotel on.

Again best of luck.

Sorry..Just checked your dates and it's (Embassy Suites) not showing up (this happens during high season at times). Also checked the Hyatt Place on http://www.valuetrips.com and a bit too early for their schedule....but this is something you should keep an eye on also great hotel and location and this is usually a great discount site to book this hotel on.

Again best of luck.

Thank you for trying.

For those of you who have been booking Hiltonfamilyvmp rates, I just wanted to let you know that hilton has now defined exactly who is eligible, and the websites states that valid eligibility-qualifying ID is required. So we can no longer book it saying that we didn't know because the website didn't say...here are the details...

http://stay.hilton.com/mvp/

I use the MVP rate pretty regularly--and have never really seen what their parameters for being an "athlete" were, but I assumed I qualify legitimately. The restrictions say, "Please note: You must be an athletic administrator, athlete, or affiliated with a sports entity, sports-related company, sports group or event to be eligible. You will be asked to show credentials, such as an official business card designated with your team logo, etc."

I belong to both US Masters Swimming and USA Triathlon. I'm an age-grouper, not elite, but I have proof of both memberships. However, the "proof" for both of these memberships are ID cards on my phone (easily made fraudulently if you were dedicated), and for USAT, a keychain card. Unlike AAA, in my experience, you have to give the number to even get the rate when you reserve. With athlete registration numbers, they vary widely and would be hard to verify. I am staying at a Hampton Inn in two weeks with an MVP rate. I'll try to remember to come back and comment if they ask for ID.

We weren't asked for anything to use the MVP at the Bahia Mar but I think that new policy took effect after we booked (but still several months before we stayed). And also, when searching, the Embassy Suites didn't have any rooms for MVP booking, and that was in June for January travel. MVP knocked our Bahia Mar reservation down from 299 for partial ocean view to 231 ocean view. The Hilton Marina had similar MVP rates as the BM.