Just off Solstice January 5-10

mamamzee

Tired as I am, I'll try to remember things. We were in Aqua class (accessible room) and it was nice. Only 2 waters on first day. No flowers. Sparkling wine which attendant did not want to switch out for white wine. We like Aqua and like the small restaurant, cozy feeling of Blu. The food was good there for the most part, although DH had a few he did not like. Personally, we would not book Aqua if it was WAY over the price of a verandah but for a modest amount, we would.

We did not eat meals in the buffet, although I made a trip every evening for the great pizza. The food in the buffet looked pretty good

We ate at Tuscan Grille after talking the guy down on the price. The food was good--we like it there. We also ate lunch at Murano and it was divine; probably the best filet I've ever eaten.

We had the Classic Package and upgraded to Premium and it was worth it. I didn't like the under $9 wines. I actually ordered $20.50 glasses of wine in Murano and loved them LOL when I was only charged the amount above $13.

If we had paid the full amount of the drink packages ourselves, we would not have drunk enough but with the Class included in the 1-2-3, it was fine. And yes, I know I really did "pay" for it even though it seems "free".

The biggest complaint we had was the entertainment. Two nights out of a fivce night cruise was a Canadian singer who does impressions. Sounds fun but since I don't know Lady GaGa from any other singer, we were not impressed (pardon the pun) and for 2 nights! Another evening was a ROCK CITY production show. Good singers and dancers but more rock?? The Theme Parties were all rock. Another production show was Topper which I did not understand at all and it had lots of rock too. I must repeat that the talent was very, very good but we wanted at least one night that was different.

There was a lovely duo that played guitar and violin in the Ensemble Bar but there were so many people in there drinking and having a good time, that you couldn't hear the music.

Trivia was fun as were some of the antics at the pool.

The ship was beautiful and we'd go again in a heartbeat.