Turtle Farm excursion

NelleS

Good Morning!

Some friends and I just got off Carnival's Paradise (great!), which had a stop in Grand Cayman.

Two other friends and I had planned on going on a Turtle Farm excursion, but it didn't work out. None of us realized/remembered that Grand Cayman was a tender port, and we would need to catch our tender at 7:30 or so to make our excursion. But, for medical reasons, one of our party could not leave the ship that early.

So, my question is: is there anywhere else in the Caribbean that offers a similar excursion?

Or, is there a cruise line that stays in Grand Cayman long enough to offer a later excursion, such as 11:00 or later?

Thanks in advance,

Ellen

As mentioned all ships tender in Grand Cayman so keep that in mind with your future planning. If the ship based excursion is time restrictive with your plans you can always visit the turtle farm on your own. You can either rent a car if you are adventurous and would like to see different parts of the island on your own, or purchase an excursion independently at the tender pier. Either way you ship should be in port long enough for you to enjoy that venue.

You can either rent a car if you are adventurous and would like to see different parts of the island on your own, or purchase an excursion independently at the tender pier.

Or, when you get off the ship, just get in a local bus (minivan) and they can take you to the turtle farm. The turtle farm is right across the street from the dolphin adventure, and the dolphin adventure is right next to the Cracked Conch restaurant (awesome!). Behind the Cracked Conch is shore access for great snorkeling. So grab a bus for a few bucks round trip, and make a day of it. Just start walking along the main street and the 'bus' drivers will honk as they drive by, you just wave them down. Its only about a 15-20 minute ride from the port if I remember correctly...

http://www.crackedconch.com.ky/

Or, when you get off the ship, just get in a local bus (minivan) and they can take you to the turtle farm. The turtle farm is right across the street from the dolphin adventure, and the dolphin adventure is right next to the Cracked Conch restaurant (awesome!). Behind the Cracked Conch is shore access for great snorkeling. So grab a bus for a few bucks round trip, and make a day of it. Just start walking along the main street and the 'bus' drivers will honk as they drive by, you just wave them down. Its only about a 15-20 minute ride from the port if I remember correctly...

http://www.crackedconch.com.ky/

Good advice as well. I forgot about the bus as the last time we were there we rented a car, but the bus works well and would be less costly than an excursion.