Sunshine "Bowling Alley" Balconies

cruise4family

I'm ready to book the Carnival Sunshine for 2017. Does anyone know if the Sunshine has any "bowling alley" balconies? If yes, do you know the room numbers? We are a family of 4 and the extra room on the balcony would be great! I always get so much information from CC members! Thanks in advance. :)

I'm ready to book the Carnival Sunshine for 2017. Does anyone know if the Sunshine has any "bowling alley" balconies? If yes, do you know the room numbers? We are a family of 4 and the extra room on the balcony would be great! I always get so much information from CC members! Thanks in advance. :)

I just went to Carnival's website and pulled up the Sunshines deck plan. Randomly I searched deck 7, it appears to me that 7316 and 7319 are what you are looking for on that specific deck.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-sunshine.aspx

Have you looked on the deck plans?

She might have L shaped cabins. Only the Spirit class has true bowling alley cabins.

I might be confused with what your definition of a true bowling alley balcony is. I know the Spirit class ships have wraparound suites on deck 4 I believe. I'm booked into a bowling alley balcony on the Breeze, 7455.

It is just forward of the aft wraparound and due to the stairs the cabin in L shaped and the balcony is an extra long rectangle, approximately twice as long as a standard balcony.

I might be confused with what your definition of a true bowling alley balcony is. I know the Spirit class ships have wraparound suites on deck 4 I believe. I'm booked into a bowling alley balcony on the Breeze, 7455.

It is just forward of the aft wraparound and due to the stairs the cabin in L shaped and the balcony is an extra long rectangle, approximately twice as long as a standard balcony.

6232 and 6234 are an example of what a bowling alley balcony is on a Spirit class ship.

7518586563140ed6995363d116a31770.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What is 6281 called then, just an alley?

A bigger balcony idk. The bowling alley balconies on Spirit class ships are usually long and run behind day an elevator or such. They are hard to get since you are paying the same price as what ever balcony class is in that area but getting allot more room. Booked one for my cruise in October and hit it over a year out.

Booked one, deck 6, for our Hawaii. Price for booking early was much better last year. JLee1973: "Hello, from the other side"? :)

No kidding, I booked over a year out and it was right $100 more a person over the previous year. I've only gotten $30 in price drops.

try booking the corner cabins in the back of the ship they are wrap around balconies

We have our 1st. L shaped cabin booked on the Magic 2-7, interesting to see how the cabin is. We had an aft balcony on the conquest and really enjoyed it.

Doug

We had one on The Breeze last year and loved it! By far our favorite room, especially for the price!

Momneedsavaca, which aft-balcony room did you have on the Sunshine? Noisy? Good location? Thanks for any info.

We were in 5342. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I hope to do a review. We loved the location! Everything was either on Deck 5 or 9, so everything felt close by. The elevator was right there, too. Being on the end of the hallway, we never heard any noise from people walking by. We even commented on how quiet it was in our cabin. The only negative is that I think we felt more movement than other parts of the ship. It's rocking you head-to-toe instead of side-to-side, if you're lying in bed. It was our first cruise, so we didn't really know any different, but I can imagine that would take some getting used to.

On Spirit the bowling alley cabins are next to a large storage room with the ice machine and another smaller closet. Very close to elevators. It can get noisy.

Been in 6232 twice and never had any issues with elevator noise or the people that use them. The room is tucked around a corner from the elevator. The storage/ice area next to the room is no big deal. I barely ever heard anything coming from there and zero at night.

• 4 weeks later...
I just went to Carnival's website and pulled up the Sunshines deck plan. Randomly I searched deck 7, it appears to me that 7316 and 7319 are what you are looking for on that specific deck.

http://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-sunshine.aspx

I lucked out and just booked 7316 for this June out of Norfolk a couple of days ago. We had the same type of L shaped cabin last year on the Splendor and loved it.

The bathroom is next to the bed so you're not bumping into each other if someone is using the closet.

The balcony was about twice the usual size and had 2 chairs, a table and a chaise.

No noise at all from the stairs.

Here's a video I found on the "Cabins" forum.

We have our 1st. L shaped cabin booked on the Magic 2-7, interesting to see how the cabin is. We had an aft balcony on the conquest and really enjoyed it.

Doug

You will love it! I was in on on the Freedom and the Sunshine. Very quiet and lots of storage. Balcony is awesome.