What am I forgetting to pack???

jennraycruise

White underwear to wear with white shorts.

Just FYI:

Most times, you can see white underwear under white pants. Light beige color works best :)

Edited by js

~ Downy Wrinkle Release

~ A tumbler to make a milkshake - vanilla soft serve and the mango passion fruit type juice they have at the beverage stations during breakfast hours. Get the juice early before they change it out to lemonade for lunch. It is too yummy!!!

~ Index cards....one for each port to make a list of things you need to get while you're there.... free port charm at Diamonds International, souvenir thimble, keychain, t-shirt, etc. Makes it so easy to check things off as you get them and doesn't take up nearly as much space as a little notepad.

~ Straws....if you're taking your limit of canned drinks and prefer not to drink directly from the can.

~ Pre-addressed mailing labels if you plan to send postcards from the ports. Saves a ton of time.

• 3 weeks later...

Door decorations (to help you find your room easier - it helps after a few drinks too) :)

Extension cord - DH likes his fan and plugs are scarce.

Extra batteries or charger for camera.

My DD packs months in advance so we have time to think of stuff. :D

We always bring a soft sided cooler that will hold about 6 cokes. The steward will do a great job of making sure that your drinks are always cold in the room. Also, order one case of water for 1.99. Eventhough the ships water is fine to drink out of the tap, it's easier to carry a bottle around. Have fun!!

We always bring a soft sided cooler that will hold about 6 cokes. The steward will do a great job of making sure that your drinks are always cold in the room. Also, order one case of water for 1.99. Eventhough the ships water is fine to drink out of the tap, it's easier to carry a bottle around. Have fun!!

The case of water I ordered through Carnival is $2.99. I thought it was a worthwhile purchase as well!

Contact lens case.

Hair dryer.

Curling iron.

White underwear to wear with white shorts.

I also take sweat pants to wear in the comedy club since it's usually cold in there.

If booked into Steakhouse first night, slacks or dress must be worn, no shorts. Depending on when you get your luggage you might not have slacks so put it in carry one.[/quote whatever your skin tone) is the best color of underwear to wear with white short/pants

I prefer beige ( or whatever your skin tone) underwear under white shorts/pants

Edited by simplelife

Air fresheners for the bathroom was mentioned so I thought I would mention an alternative to them. I normally take a bottle of Poopourri with me when we travel. They come in small-ish containers and work really well (we use them around our house all the time).

http://www.poopourri.com

If you have an A C Moore store near you, they carry the small bottles of Poopourri

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If you wear prescription classes bring an extra pair.

Bring a cheap waterproof watch and leave the Rolex at home. Why invite trouble on shore at that grubby little bar that looks like so much fun.

If you use a digital camera as opposed to a tablet or phone bring several low capacity photo cards (4 gig max) instead of one mega capacity (128 gig) card. If your camera get lost or stolen or the mega card in it poops the bed all your pictures will be gone. With smaller capacity cards you won't loose everything.

Make sure you can recharge all your electronic toys (pack your chargers) and bring a spare battery or two for your camera because all camera batteries die one shot before the best photo opp.

Pack an inexpensive battery powered travel alarm. No need to keep charging your phone.

Get a small rechargeable night light for the bathroom and charge it each day. A small pen light will see use when traveling so pack one.

Here's a big one. Call your credit card provider and tell them you will be on a cruise.

Pack a copy of [all] your doctors names and addresses plus list all medications you might be taking.

Make a copy of the photo page of your passport for your wallet/purse.

Make and print self adhesive address labels for those that you will be sending post cards to. Saves a ton of time or address mistakes when buying post cards while off the ship. We always try to locate a post office so our cards get mailed and cancelled from the place we were visiting. If you hand out going mail to the front desk of your ship your cards will not get mailed until the end of your cruise and from the port where the cruise ended.

Pack a very light weight hooded rain jacket and skip a travel umbrella. The least amount of stuff you drag with you off ship the better.

Bring a few hundred dollars in cash.

Now stop worrying, treat the staff that will be taking care of you like they're your best friends and enjoy your cruise.

Bring a cheap waterproof watch and leave the Rolex at home. Why invite trouble on shore at that grubby little bar that looks like so much fun.

If you use a digital camera as opposed to a tablet or phone bring several low capacity photo cards (4 gig max) instead of one mega capacity (128 gig) card. If your camera get lost or stolen or the mega card in it poops the bed all your pictures will be gone. With smaller capacity cards you won't loose everything.

Make sure you can recharge all your electronic toys (pack your chargers) and bring a spare battery or two for your camera because all camera batteries die one shot before the best photo opp.

Pack an inexpensive battery powered travel alarm. No need to keep charging your phone.

Get a small rechargeable night light for the bathroom and charge it each day. A small pen light will see use when traveling so pack one.

Here's a big one. Call your credit card provider and tell them you will be on a cruise.

Pack a copy of [all] your doctors names and addresses plus list all medications you might be taking.

Make and print self adhesive address labels for those that you will be sending post cards to. Saves a ton of time or address mistakes when buying post cards while off the ship. We always try to locate a post office so our cards get mailed and cancelled from the place we were visiting. If you hand out going mail to the front desk of your ship your cards will not get mailed until the end of your cruise and from the port where the cruise ended.

Pack a very light weight hooded rain jacket and skip a travel umbrella. The least amount of stuff you drag with you off ship the better.

Now stop worrying, treat the staff that will be taking care of you like they're your best friends and enjoy your cruise.

WOW Magnum60 lots of great tips!!!Thanks

Applause!! Especially for the last part!

I always bring a case of 12 small bottles of water for taking medication or vitamins. I also like to bring a few snacks for the room, like chips, jelly beans, etc, so you have something to munch on when reading or watching tv in the room. I always bring pens to write postcards too.

If this keeps up you will need a steamer trunk instead of a suitcase. Can't believe all the things that people claim they bring on a cruise.

Agreed. Our last cruise was 14 days and we only brought carry on luggage. I don't want to spend a lot of time unpacking and repacking my stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app