Salad in the buffet.

jig

Thank you, Ricktan.

I base my negative thoughts about not being able to self-serve salad on what I experienced so many days of Code Orange as the first few days of every cruise used to have. It was very slow and I never got a salad the way I like it. I love mushrooms and asked for extra. The server put two mushrooms on the plate. I asked for more and the body language shot off a very clear message I was being a 'royal pain'. It was inconvenient and became embarrassing. I don't want to account to some young server for how many mushrooms or whatever I want in my salad.

That is just my experience. Hopefully they have been trained to be a bit more eager to please. We all like our salad the way we want it. :)

I wonder if "Code Orange" is a permanent thing?

While I can understand the changes from a hygiene point of view, I have always found the Lido on HAL ships challenging in that it's a buffet that isn't self-service like many buffets are.

I like to serve myself because to put it simply I'm picky and incredibly introverted to boot. I can't even order my own sandwich in Subway as the questions from the server overwhelm me!

But that is just me and I'll deal with it should I decide to cruise HAL again.

I wonder if "Code Orange" is a permanent thing?

I believe they have discontinued the mandatory Code Orange at the start of every cruise. It may be in place if there is a mild risk of spread of Noro but I don't think it is still automatically instituted.