Marriott Copenhagen

We stayed there in June 2014 prior to a cruise an enjoyed it.

It is close to the railway station, and there is a HoHo stop right outside. It is also walking distance to Tivoli Gardens.

We were on the club level so ate breakfast in the lounge. We did not eat at any of the restaurants.

Looking for comments good and bad on the Marriott Copenhagen. We are thinking of staying there and understand it's a short distance from the airport and close to the parliament.

We stayed here 2 nights prior to a cruise also a couple of years ago. We really liked it. It is on the water and as the other poster mentioned, walking distance to many things. A really good bakery is straight up the road across from the train station. We ate there each morning. We walked all over the city from here.

Looking for comments good and bad on the Marriott Copenhagen. We are thinking of staying there and understand it's a short distance from the airport and close to the parliament.

Nice hotel - very close to the Danish Parliament (about 15 minutes by foot).

It is close to Copenhagen Central (train station - about a 10 minute walk from the hotel & right next to Tivoli Gardens) but it is not close to the airport (Kastrup). However, you can easily take the train to the airport from Copenhagen Central (allow about 30 minutes - DKK 34.50 one way).

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed here in 2010 and it was a great modern hotel but requires a bit of walking to Tivoli and Nyhavn.We are back in Copenhagen on 5/1 and have been trying to get the Marriott on a Priceline bid.In 2010 we paid $110 per night when the rack rate was over $400.If the bidding doesn't work,we will book something smaller closer to Tivoli and Stroget.I noticed you are from Palos,where I had my office from 1979 till 2005.

We are now in Alsip on Cal Sag Rd.When are you going to Denmark?

JOHNMIK1 - thanks for your reply. We are on the Serenade of the Seas sailing June 5th this year. We have the Crown Plaza Tower Copenhagen booked through the cruise line but really favor Marriott. While it may be a walk to Tivoli, I was of the understanding it was close to the shopping district and Christanborg, Parliament. The Crown is nowhere near the downtown area so basically you need to hop a train to get anywhere.

Yes, we are in Palos right by Shepard HS. You are familiar with the area so you know we are close to Cal Sag. What is the name of your business? Where was your business located before in Palos?

Small world.

Edited by Diva Onboard

JOHNMIK1 - thanks for your reply. We are on the Serenade of the Seas sailing June 5th this year. We have the Crown Plaza Tower Copenhagen booked through the cruise line but really favor Marriott. While it may be a walk to Tivoli, I was of the understanding it was close to the shopping district and Christanborg, Parliament. The Crown is nowhere near the downtown area so basically you need to hop a train to get anywhere.

Yes, we are in Palos right by Shepard HS. You are familiar with the area so you know we are close to Cal Sag. What is the name of your business? Where was your business located before in Palos?

Small world.

Hi Diva,I have narrowed it down to Scandic Palace or The Square which are both by Tivoli.We are only staying 2 nights after we disembark the Regal Princess transatlantic crossing.We are then flying to Amsterdam for 2 more nights.This is our third trip to Copenhagen and like the Tivoli area.The Marriott is really not close to much but I would grab it as a deal on Priceline and take cabs to where we want to go.We have done all the major tourist sights already.My business was at 11950 Harlem and we are now at 5534 Cal Sag Rd.The name is Mikkelsen,Kelly and Kipp Ins.We are on the canal west of Country House.We live in Beverly.If you would like any additional info,just call me at 389-6330.My site is mkkins.com.John

Have stayed at the Marriott twice, post cruise, and both times purchased the room through Priceline at a very reduced price.

Enjoyed the convenient location with lots of attractions within walking distance. Used the HOHO which stops in front of the hotel.

On the second stay, upgraded to the Executive Level which we would do again. Free internet service was also included which was helpful.

While there is not much right next to the Marriott, it is closer to the train station and Tivoli than I expected. We actually took the train from the airport and then walked from the station to the hotel (and we had a lot of bags!)

I just checked google maps - they have the Marriott as 10 mins to Tivoli and Scandic Palace as 6 mins.

You get a great view of the Marriott if you go on Star Flyer at Tivoli - I found it terrifying.....my 9 year old loved it!