Istanbul

worldtravellerrus

We sailed from Istanbul last year on Equinox just 5 days after a terrorist attack on a palace less than 0.5 mile from the cruise dock. We spent a wonderful two days prior to the cruise looking round Istanbul.

Turkey has been in conflict with one form of Terrorism or another for 100s of years, this isn't a big escalation or the beginnings of some war zone - it's just the latest bunch of idiots trying their luck. Statistically you're probably more likely to be run over crossin gate road at home that you are of being caught up in a terrorist attack in Istanbul.

Enjoy your visit - it's a beautiful city

Hi Jenna

We are on the B2B on the Connie and sadly have to agree with you on what Celebrity might do.

We appear to have a day in Istanbul BUT are there going to be any tours offered and we sail at 11 p.m. at night, which could really screw up incoming passengers?

The main reason we wanted this B2B was that it did Istanbul, Israel and the Suez Canal.

If I wanted a Greek Island cruise I would take a Greek Island cruise.

This is correct, as fast as I know, we lost an overnight n the 11/14 cruise but still have one on the 11/2 cruise (which includes Israel), but I'm guessing this itinerary will change drastically. Both itineraries need to happen as the ship has to get to and through the Suez Canal, but I'm guessing they will become much more Greek centric.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

As far as I am aware, X has not made alterations to this port-of-call? It is still on the Connie itineraries for 2016.

Kusadasi was one of the alternate ports added after the overnight in Istanbul was cancelled. The other being Rhodes and the overnight changed to Athens