Mini bar complementary for Haven?

jmele999

I was looking around the NCL website and came across an offer for OBC when using your Amex card. What is interesting is that they are listing the mini bar as complementary for Haven and Suites. Is this something new or just NCL passing on misleading information to customers?

efb21055-342e-4033-8398-364ddae96445_zpswofumwuj.png

I was looking around the NCL website and came across an offer for OBC when using your Amex card. What is interesting is that they are listing the mini bar as complementary for Haven and Suites. Is this something new or just NCL passing on misleading information to customers?

]

It seems to be in the suite descriptions elsewhere on the website, too. I've never heard this to be the case - mini bar was always extra, but wonder if that has changed? I believe some other lines (Maybe MSC Yacht Club?) include minibar for suites, so perhaps they are trying to compete? That would be nice! I also noted that where it talks about fruit, bottled water, and sodas, there is nothing indicated extra charges (as is the case with specialty dining delivery). This seems consistent with the idea of a complimentary minibar.

Not really a big deal to me one way or the other, but it would be nice. Then I'd have to rescind my request to empty the mini bar in advance...

There was a post a couple years back where someone was questioning the same thing (I don't think it was Amex related) but on the NCL website under the descriptions it had something very similar with the wording above. At the time it could definitely be confusing.

So unless things have changed, my guess is you still have to pay.

We tried to combine the AmEx OBC and the NCL offers and they cannot be combined. So, you either get the OBC or the free dining, beverages & whatever else they are offering.

Our PCC was confused and thought we could do both, and we made a payment with an AmEx, but when my reservations opened up, I found out our dining package (UDP) was gone. Thankfully a call to our PCC restored our original offers (which were better than what is offered now).

This was back in the fall, so things may have changed, but be aware before you take this offer.

We are in the 2 bedroom Haven villa on Breakaway right now and I can tell you with certainty that the mini bar items are not free. We were given a bottle of Champagne and one bottle of water for free. The rest is for a fee, even with the UBP.

We are in the 2 bedroom Haven villa on Breakaway right now and I can tell you with certainty that the mini bar items are not free. We were given a bottle of Champagne and one bottle of water for free. The rest is for a fee, even with the UBP.

Thanks. I figured as much since that was always my understanding of how it worked. They really need to change their advertising. Or their policy. ;)

I did a mock booking for a haven suite yesterday (looking at Alaska 2017). The Amex rate was listed with the $300 OBC and all the "free at sea" amenities were listed in that rate. I looked at several different dates and all had the same option. There was also an AARP rate, which was generally $300 less than the Amex rate but it did not list the "free at sea" amenities. So at least for those cruises, the Amex offer seemed to include all the freebies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk