Staggered check in for Port of Miami

FlaMommy75

Hey all,

I just received an email from Carnival to go online and pick a check in time for my Breeze cruise in March. I have been following info regarding staggered check in on the boards, but wasn't aware it was going to be for my cruise out of Miami. Anyone with an upcoming cruise out of Miami may want to check their email. :)

Glad you were able to pick a time! It seemed like the email came out of no where and I wasn't even sure if it was real or not because it said "unknown sender" and was in my spam. Luckily I logged in and checked my account just in case.

Glad you were able to pick a time! It seemed like the email came out of no where and I wasn't even sure if it was real or not because it said "unknown sender" and was in my spam. Luckily I logged in and checked my account just in case.

That email was so shoddy. No text in the body of the email, just an attachment that was a photocopy of a letter. Didn't seem professional. No clickable links? And the web addresses that they listed (for you to transpose into your browser, since they didn't create a link) were incorrect and went nowhere. I was super surprised and thought maybe it was a scam or something at first.

I also got the email for our March 20 Breeze sailing. Logged on right away and all times were available (and they still are now - makes me think people aren't doing it).

So it's very clear you can't show up BEFORE your scheduled time, but what if you show up late?

Sailing on the Conquest out of Ft. Lauderdale. Never got an e-mail and have logged into Carnival, but have not seen where to choose a time. We have done our online check-in and when we printed out the boarding passes, it gave us a time frame of 1:30-3:00. Didn't have a choice. Not too pleased. We have always gotten to ports around 11:00 and in line ready to go and usually get on by noon or so. I think first come, first serve is the best and they should keep it (continue to pass out the zone cards once you check in). Why are they trying to change it?

That email was so shoddy. No text in the body of the email, just an attachment that was a photocopy of a letter. Didn't seem professional. No clickable links? And the web addresses that they listed (for you to transpose into your browser, since they didn't create a link) were incorrect and went nowhere. I was super surprised and thought maybe it was a scam or something at first.

Same here. I was skeptical but I checked it anyways. It was a very creepy situation lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know how this works for FTTF passes?!?

I haven't gotten an email, but when I looked at the online check in, the option was there (with 10:00 being the earliest check in)

From what I have read, I think if you are Platinum or have FTTF you can choose any time and still board first.

I haven't gotten an email, but when I looked at the online check in, the option was there (with 10:00 being the earliest check in)

According to the email, if you have FTTF or are Platinum/Diamond, you can still show up at your leisure.

We've gotten the same kind of letter when they were skipping a port and they were letting us know ahead of time.

Yes, very shoddy indeed :)

a86d46659f2398d14cb3c4bd9bb37409.jpg

I just pulled this off Carnival's website:

STAGGERED CHECK-IN FAQS

Staggered Check-In has been rolled out to all vessels sailing from Galveston, Texas. Additionally, it will be rolling out to ships sailing from New Orleans, Louisiana and Miami, Florida commencing with the following cruise departures:

New Orleans

Carnival Elation, 1/23/2016 and onwards

Carnival Dream, 1/24/2016 and onwards

Carnival Triumph, 4/04/2016 and onwards

Miami

Carnival Fantasy, 3/04/2016 until 11/04/2016 (repositions to Mobile)

Carnival Breeze, 3/06/2016 until 5/01/2016 (repositions to Galveston)

Carnival Sensation, 3/05/2016 and onwards

Carnival Glory, 3/05/2016 and onwards

Carnival Splendor, 3/20/16 and onwards

Hope this helps!:rolleyes:

I just pulled this off Carnival's website:

STAGGERED CHECK-IN FAQS

Staggered Check-In has been rolled out to all vessels sailing from Galveston, Texas. Additionally, it will be rolling out to ships sailing from New Orleans, Louisiana and Miami, Florida commencing with the following cruise departures:

New Orleans

Carnival Elation, 1/23/2016 and onwards

Carnival Dream, 1/24/2016 and onwards

Carnival Triumph, 4/04/2016 and onwards

Miami

Carnival Fantasy, 3/04/2016 until 11/04/2016 (repositions to Mobile)

Carnival Breeze, 3/06/2016 until 5/01/2016 (repositions to Galveston)

Carnival Sensation, 3/05/2016 and onwards

Carnival Glory, 3/05/2016 and onwards

Carnival Splendor, 3/20/16 and onwards

Hope this helps!:rolleyes:

So not Vista?

Crap thing about this is that my daughter ( who is a minor) received the email about the check in times but I didn't. She is under our booking so maybe they thought she would pass it along.

Strange...the email came to me (the only email registered on the booking), but it only had my 11 year old's name on it. I'm all for the staggered check in, but this whole thing seems strange.

My e-mail came in as unknown sender also. I deleted it. I came on here and saw this posted. I went back an undeleted it. I went and selected a time. I knew they were going to expand this staggered time but didn't realize it was going to be that soon.

Hey all,

I just received an email from Carnival to go online and pick a check in time for my Breeze cruise in March. I have been following info regarding staggered check in on the boards, but wasn't aware it was going to be for my cruise out of Miami. Anyone with an upcoming cruise out of Miami may want to check their email. :)

Thanks for posting this or my e-mail would still be in my spam folder since it came in as unknown sender. I cruise in May so had to go and pick my time for the Splendor. Thanks again for the heads up.

Edited by smarks

Thanks so much for posting as I did not get the letter but I was able to pick a good time online. My husband thought something horrible was happening when I saw the post and said "Oh No" and he is all "what's wrong??" I said "Staggered Check-In" and he asked who got stabbed with alarm. Then of course he is demanding information and I can't talk because I have to find my check-in time :) I would love if someone could post the full letter so I can see. I have the same question - I picked 10:00 - 10:30. Assume it is OK if I arrive after 10:30? I likely won't but don't want to stress. I wonder how many people can pick each slot. In the end, will this actually give me a good advantage since I didn't buy FTTF?

Thanks so much for posting as I did not get the letter but I was able to pick a good time online. My husband thought something horrible was happening when I saw the post and said "Oh No" and he is all "what's wrong??" I said "Staggered Check-In" and he asked who got stabbed with alarm. Then of course he is demanding information and I can't talk because I have to find my check-in time :) I would love if someone could post the full letter so I can see. I have the same question - I picked 10:00 - 10:30. Assume it is OK if I arrive after 10:30? I likely won't but don't want to stress. I wonder how many people can pick each slot. In the end, will this actually give me a good advantage since I didn't buy FTTF?

c904d92b458d302000e760e4ee90f18e.jpg

Had to crop out my booking number lol

Edited by LEXIpoo

Interesting how they are pointing the finger at the US Customs for keeping people out of the terminal if they arrive early.

Wonder how this goes down in July or August when it's a a gazillion degrees outside and the thunder-n-lightning are going off in a thunderstorm??? [emoji12]

c4aeaa7b3471a97a8276e5f6c47b31ca.jpg

- JPO