Staggered check in for Port of Miami

FlaMommy75

Don't have a definite answer to that question it would depend on embarkation time of ship. Most ships out of Miami sail at 4 pm. So I would assume between 2:30 and 3:00

Under the current system for the Breeze over 50% (over 2000) of the passengers are inside the terminal by 10:30 am. And as the picture shows more then 1000 passengers waiting to get in.

Boarding does not begin until disembarkation has been completed and general clearance has been given which in most days is after 11:45.

Carnival posted boarding time is 1:30 pm.

As a result most passengers experience long lines and long waiting times to board the ship.

I think all in all this should be a vast improvement and better experience.

Don't have a definite answer to that question it would depend on embarkation time of ship. Most ships out of Miami sail at 4 pm. So I would assume between 2:30 and 3:00

Under the current system for the Breeze over 50% (over 2000) of the passengers are inside the terminal by 10:30 am. And as the picture shows more then 1000 passengers waiting to get in.

Boarding does not begin until disembarkation has been completed and general clearance has been given which in most days is after 11:45.

Carnival posted boarding time is 1:30 pm.

As a result most passengers experience long lines and long waiting times to board the ship.

I really think it is an improvement. I understand the are some that don't share hat thought. Let's see how it all works out.

[

I agree - it should be a big improvement. Before all of the FTTF passengers and increase of Plats & Diamonds it was not such a big deal for there to be a large number of people show up early. Now with people paying to have the right to be First to the Fun, you have a lot of people expecting to register & board at the earliest time possible. Add them to the priority people and the people who just show up early and you can have a real chaotic mess - which I have seen a number of times.

Edited by HectorAchilleus

ok, so I see platinum can check in whenever. Just pick a time. Everyone has their own boarding pass.

What if my cabin mate is not platinum ( I am), do we still check-in together?

Do I have to insure cabin mate and I have the same time or does the fact of being Platinum over ride that?

Thanks!

Here is the latest information with staggerd checkin.

Starting tomorrow all ships will be rolling out staggerd checkin at Port of Miami

Checkin in times will be strictly enforced. Only those passengers within there current checkin window will be able to gain entry into the terminal.

The earliest stating time is 10:00 am to 10:30 am

All passengers are required to have a boarding pass with a checkin time to enter the terminal. If you printed and old style boarding pass without a checkin time and have not gone back to online checkin to choose a checkin time one will be assigned to you after midnight of your date of embarkation. An email with your boarding pass and checkin time will be sent.

If you don't have a boarding pass there will be curbside agents who will be able to help you and provide you with a pass to enter the terminal at you correct checkin time.

Diamond, Platimum, FTTF and Suites will also be required to select a checkin time while doing there online registration however they will be allowed to enter the terminal upon arrival regardless of checkin time on boarding pass.

Only those passengers in the current checkin window will be allowed to get in the queuing to enter. If you are traveling with someone who has Priority and they do not, they will not be allowed to enter prior to their time. You are welcome to wait with them until their time if you choose.

There will also be a second queuing area for those passengers in the next checkin time. They will not be allowed to enter the terminal until there time is called.

Hope this helps

Starting tomorrow all ships will be rolling out staggerd checkin at Port of Miami

Checkin in times will be strictly enforced. Only those passengers within there current checkin window will be able to gain entry into the terminal.

All passengers are required to have a boarding pass with a checkin time to enter the terminal. If you printed and old style boarding pass without a checkin time and have not gone back to online checkin to choose a checkin time one will be assigned to you after midnight of your date of embarkation. An email with your boarding pass and checkin time will be sent.

If you don't have a boarding pass there will be curbside agents who will be able to help you and provide you with a pass to enter the terminal at you correct checkin time.

Diamond, Platimum, FTTF and Suites will also be required to select a checkin time while doing there online registration however they will be allowed to enter the terminal upon arrival regardless of checkin time on boarding pass.

Only those passengers in the current checkin window will be allowed to get in the queuing to enter. If you are traveling with someone who has Priority and they do not, they will not be allowed to enter prior to their time. You are welcome to wait with them until their time if you choose.

There will also be a second queuing area for those passengers in the next checkin time. They will not be allowed to enter the terminal until there time is called.

Hope this helps

Thanks for posting the updated information. Have you found out how many time slots there are and verified what the latest time slots are?

We are not traveling until the end of August. I went online to see my booking and there was a button for check in time. So I checked the earliest. I am, however, FTTF but better safe then sorry. Go check you booking right away!!! Thanks for the info!!!

Hope this helps

I just want to make sure I understand. If I'm Platinum, which I will be on my next booked cruise, and my husband is not, he will have to wait until his check in time because he will not be able to board early with me. If we want to board together I will need to wait for him, even though we are sharing the same room.

I just want to make sure I understand. If I'm Platinum, which I will be on my next booked cruise, and my husband is not, he will have to wait until his check in time because he will not be able to board early with me. If we want to board together I will need to wait for him, even though we are sharing the same room.

People in the same cabin can check in and board together. Congrats on turning platinum.

I think this will be a great thing. The only downside is for those that do not follow the rules and end up waiting...which will their own fault. I think this will ease the lines tremendously.

Time slots start at 10:00 am and run every half an hour till the last time which is 2:30 to 3:00

I guess now only those with this timeslot, FTTF, and VIP status are eligible for the free beer. That is, unless there's someone on board for a B2B.

I wish instead of posting the pix of the people drinking the beer, they would post the video of the people running to the bar.

I guess now only those with this timeslot, FTTF, and VIP status are eligible for the free beer. That is, unless there's someone on board for a B2B.

I wish instead of posting the pix of the people drinking the beer, they would post the video of the people running to the bar.

OK, I have read this post twice and have no idea what you are talking about,

No, because CHECK-IN time is not the same as BOARDING TIME. It still will be limited to those people with a check-in time before boarding starts, but boarding does not start until well after 10:00am.

No one ever had a chance of winning unless they had checked in before boarding started and had a low zone number - it will remain the same now.

Edited by ScottsSweetie