New to disney - luggage tag question

doubleduty

Hi: I am taking my first Disney cruise with my daughter and 5 year old granddaughter. Was wondering when I could expect to receive the luggage tags. Our cruise starts 24 March. I know there is plenty of time before then but am curious. How many do they send? I am used to Holland America's way of simply printing out my luggage tags on line.

Hi: I am taking my first Disney cruise with my daughter and 5 year old granddaughter. Was wondering when I could expect to receive the luggage tags. Our cruise starts 24 March. I know there is plenty of time before then but am curious. How many do they send? I am used to Holland America's way of simply printing out my luggage tags on line.

The "cruise documents" usually arrive about 45 days out from the cruise. It's actually a small notebook with information about your cruise, your booked activities, and a pocket with your luggage tags.

I'm 30 days out from our cruise and no one from my roll call has received anything yet. Last year I remember getting my booklet pretty close to out sail date (but I don't remember exactly when I got them). If I never received anything, could I get luggage tags at the port?

If they don't arrive, then the porters will print ones out and put them on at curb side.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

This assumes you are arriving by car.

If they don't arrive and you are taking a DCL bus, you'll need to claim your luggage at baggage claim and take it to the "Welcome Center" (lower level terminal B) where a CM will place appropriate tags on it and send it to the ship.

If arriving from WDW, the baggage service desk at any WDW resort can put appropriate tags on it for you. This will work regardless of your transportation from WDW to port.

If we are taking our own transportation to the port from WDW, can we still have out luggage transferred from WDW to the port by Disney?

That is part of the $35pp charge each way. Not just for the thrill of the bus ride.

You would need to haul your own luggage.

ex techie

If we are taking our own transportation to the port from WDW, can we still have out luggage transferred from WDW to the port by Disney?

Several years ago this was possible; I haven't looked into it for some time though. There was a $25 charge for up to 6 pieces of luggage from either WDW or MCO to the cruise if you were not using DCL transfers. If you do use DCL transfers, you could have unlimited luggage sent.