Second guest sails for half price!

iandjm

Hi,

I am sure the Celebrity marketing team think the public are all a little stupid. The latest second person travels for half price promotion is actually more expensive overall for two passengers than prior to the promotion. All they have done is vastly increase the per person fare for the first passenger on the booking to make up for the second person travelling 'half price'.

I have just checked my cruise for July this year (Eclipse Europe) which was £1600pp when we booked (with the classic drinks package included) and is now is £2500 for the first passenger and £1250 for the second. A cost of £3200 pre promotion for 2 people verses £3750 now.

Either way I cannot wait for my cruise, I just find Celebrity's marketing promotions a little insulting to the intelligence of the customer.

Ian

Hi,

I am sure the Celebrity marketing team think the public are all a little stupid. The latest second person travels for half price promotion is actually more expensive overall for two passengers than prior to the promotion. All they have done is vastly increase the per person fare for the first passenger on the booking to make up for the second person travelling 'half price'.

I have just checked my cruise for July this year (Eclipse Europe) which was £1600pp when we booked (with the classic drinks package included) and is now is £2500 for the first passenger and £1250 for the second. A cost of £3200 pre promotion for 2 people verses £3750 now.

Either way I cannot wait for my cruise, I just find Celebrity's marketing promotions a little insulting to the intelligence of the customer.

Ian

When this was run last year, we were already booked in a RS for next October. I was able to cancel the cruise and rebook at £2,000 less than the original booking, so there are bargains if you look hard. The bigger the suite the more the saving.

We did really well in September with this offer on a RS on the Eclipse....Post this offer the price for all cabins (but especially suites) went up. The one remaining RS is now much higher priced than we paid even with the 2nd person half price back up. Obviously the more expensive a room you book the more you can save....

The value of all offers need to be closely monitored, the last one offering free parking was no use to us and as we have a premium package included in our suite the drinks packages don't work either!

We presently have other cruises booked with a 'price guarantee' I'm not really expecting a discount...

We book two sorts of cruises, special sight seeing ones which we do book well in advance and are room picky on. Then in between we will try to book some relaxation ones, like our Eclipse to the Canaries....We had monitored Sept/Oct cruise prices for European breaks and were not fussy about exactly where and when....These are the cruises where I think you can still get good deals on, especially if you are flexible with rooms. If we had not found this offer our Autumn break would have become a Greek island land based holiday!

The more you want a specific itinerary I think the harder it is to get a special offer! You are always watching and wondering if your preferred rooms will book up, will a better offer come up next week, month....

Certainly you need your brain in gear to spot a real bargain!