The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

I'm sad to see this. I had hoped after all our commentary early on that they would put some sort of storage in there and a larger counter surface area. Where will the soap be? Toothbrushes and toothpaste? The only shelving at all is over the toilet, and that's inappropriate for those items. I see a nice hook next to the sink where I can put my hanging toiletries bag I guess. Not sure where my husband's shaving kit and etc. will go. :confused:

Maybe there's a medicine cabinet behind the mirror? I will be anxiously awaiting your assessment.

Why so negative??? You have only see pictures. Must be hard for the people who are working so hard to give us all the photos and information. As far as I have seen everything looks wonderful. I am sure I will find a place to put my toothbrush:). Really looking forward to the new ship.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6 met Tapatalk

Why so negative??? You have only see pictures. Must be hard for the people who are working so hard to give us all the photos and information. As far as I have seen everything looks wonderful. I am sure I will find a place to put my toothbrush:). Really looking forward to the new ship.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6 met Tapatalk

Hi Peter Spain,

Thank You, and I totally agree with your comments It's a huge effort to post the photos... and (IMO) there's no reason to be critical at this point. Besides, as much as I'm pleased the photos - seeing it in person may prove to be a different experience.

I'm sailing on Journey in only 2 days, and will be sure to share my insights on the upcoming "Live From Journey" thread, which will begin tomorrow. Please stay tuned !

Edited by Host Andy

It's great to see all the pictures of it "coming together" looking forward to seeing the finished article on Wednesday.

Currently in our South Beach hotel and have been given an upgraded suite on the 15th floor have a balcony with a great view of the both the ships sailing in and docked. Just hoping we can get a few pictures of Journey's arrival, would be good to know an eta.

Hi Riocca,

Welcome to Miami !

I'm hearing that boarding won't begin before 2 pm, so please plan accordingly. Stay a bit longer, and relax at the hotel.

Also, the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle is now scheduled for 10 am on Day 2 (Thursday January 28th). Location is TBA, so please check with Guest Relations when you board the ship.

Cruise Critic has graciously provided some giveaways for the Meet and Mingle, so we'll be having a raffle - no charge for tickets. Look forward to meeting you there ! Only 2 days to go. Can't wait !!!

Edited by Host Andy

Andy, thanks again for all the hard work you've done. I hope you don't feel compelled to take and post too many photos, since the Internet is likely to be expensive and we don't want you to go through the added cost. Bon Voyage!:)

I'm sad to see this. I had hoped after all our commentary early on that they would put some sort of storage in there and a larger counter surface area. Where will the soap be? Toothbrushes and toothpaste? The only shelving at all is over the toilet, and that's inappropriate for those items. I see a nice hook next to the sink where I can put my hanging toiletries bag I guess. Not sure where my husband's shaving kit and etc. will go. :confused:

Maybe there's a medicine cabinet behind the mirror? I will be anxiously awaiting your assessment.

I wouldn't say that I'm sad to see the new bathroom layout, but I do think that they elevated form over function. I do wonder if they might eventually consider at least putting a rim or bar across the shelving to keep items from falling in rough seas. I'm still waiting to see the carpet.;)

Hi Riocca,

Welcome to Miami !

I'm hearing that boarding won't begin before 2 pm, so please plan accordingly. Stay a bit longer, and relax at the hotel.

Also, the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle is now scheduled for 10 am on Day 2 (Thursday January 28th). Location is TBA, so please check with Guest Relations when you board the ship.

Cruise Critic has graciously provided some giveaways for the Meet and Mingle, so we'll be having a raffle - no charge for tickets. Look forward to meeting you there ! Only 2 days to go. Can't wait !!!

Thank you Andy,

Check out is noon so will leave then no problem waiting at the port just build the anticipation.

Miami could be a bit warmer! We had 80 degrees last week on our Princess cruise so feeling the chill.

Looking forward to meeting you later in the week.

Hi Peter Spain,

Thank You, and I totally agree with your comments It's a huge effort to post the photos... and (IMO) there's no reason to be critical at this point. Besides, as much as I'm pleased the photos - seeing it in person may prove to be a different experience.

I'm sailing on Journey in only 2 days, and will be sure to share my insights on the upcoming "Live From Journey" thread, which will begin tomorrow. Please stay tuned !

Unsure where I criticized Host Andy and his hard work? Which we're all obviously very grateful for? I certainly didn't mean to. I was merely echoing the concern many felt when the first drawings of the CC suite bathrooms came out. We were all hoping that there would be some counter space and some place to store our toiletries, and the talk then was that it was just artist renderings, etc., but it seems it's just the same. Just an observation, that's all.

Obviously the ship is stunning, and I'm anxious to see Quest, as we'll be on her a couple of weeks after her dry dock in a Club Continent Suite. I promise to only be effusive in my praise from now on. :D

Thanks for all the great pictures that were posted the last two weeks. We are so looking forward to sailing on the Azamara Journey the upcoming week and meeting everyone. This will be our first cruise on the Azamara and know it will be a wonderful journey. See ya’ll soon!

This looks like the thing the bad guy put James Bond in in the last Bond movie! :eek: LOL, thank you Andy for posting all these wonderful pictures and details! We are lucky that the Azamara folks are open to posting "making of the sausage" photos. A lot of brands might have just waited till everything was done! I looking forward to following your review later this week. While I finish my packing ;)

Anyone for a Pedicure ? :

1934403_10153780198595726_7089737590096252389_n.jpg?oh=2d99c38c6d81bada9972a9d1cafe3a07&oe=5742A80C

From Journey's Twitter Feed (1/25/16) :

A few Finishing Touches for the Spa and DrawingRoom. DryDock almost complete.

CZlJgBmWEAEsSnK.jpg

Edited by Host Andy

Here's another group of photos from Captain Johannes (1/26/16) :

From now on it's all about removing containers and garbage along with cleaning up the whole Ship.

Clean-up painting in progress as well :

12540722_10153780960355726_6908747500874630065_n.jpg?oh=195a07271d044ad166f46304a1cc4cf7&oe=574A25CF