The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Just enjoy your cruise Andy!;). There'll be lots of pics coming out I'm sure.

Phil

Hi Phil,

As always, thank you for your kind comments. Yes, I desperately need some rest on this Cruise... but it's always my pleasure to share insights with our community. Hopefully, there will be plenty of time for me to accomplish the bulk of my "To-Do" list, while onboard.

I'm sure there will be others taking photos too. I'm going to focus on the Live From thread. Though you might not know it from this thread, I'm not great with photos - but will sure try my best to share some when time permits.

I'm sure it's going to be a wonderful experience. Only 4 more days to go !

Andy was up VERY LATE adding photos, I was reading at 07.15 GMT and he was still adding the last half dozen. Which by my calculations was 02.15 EST.

Hi Upwarduk,

Good detective work :) . Yes, I posted the photos somewhere around 2:00 - 2:30 am Eastern time. It takes a great deal of time, to copy all of the photo links, paste them to a notepad, and then migrate the links and captions to this forum. Work was extremely busy yesterday, but I refused to go to bed, until I had all the photos posted. I'm not about to get behind on the photos, as there's typically been a constant stream of updates, and, my goal is for our members to see the photos as timely as possible.

It wasn't so bad. I finally had 3 hours of sleep, and it was Saturday - so it's all good. Tomorrow (Sunday) is packing day. Yay ! :)

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Upwarduk,

Good detective work :) . Yes, I posted the photos somewhere around 2:00 - 2:30 am Eastern time. It takes a great deal of time, to copy all of the photo links, paste them to a notepad, and then migrate the links and captions to this forum. Work was extremely busy yesterday, but I refused to go to bed, until I had all the photos posted. I'm not about to get behind on the photos, as there's typically been a constant stream of updates, and, my goal is for our members to see the photos as timely as possible.

It wasn't so bad. I finally had 3 hours of sleep, and it was Saturday - so it's all good. Tomorrow (Sunday) is packing day. Yay ! :)

Have a great cruise Andy, and thanks once again for keeping us up to date with the refurb. :D

Andy,

I don't post very often, BUT I read everything. I would like to add my thanks for everything you do for this community. This post's title refers to the fact that I am sooooo grateful for the time and energy you spend on this 'hobby' --- which we are all the beneficiaries of; to the fact that I am soooooo jealous that you are privileged enough to be one of the select group of guests who get to experience the new Journey before anyone else; and to the fact that I am constantly amazed by yours tact, diplomacy, energy, enthusiasm, helpfulness and compassion. It humbles me, as I wish I could be more like you!!

Once onboard, could you please thank both Johannes and Heike for their part in keeping us (extremely interested parties) up to date with the progress.

Lastly, let me wish you a SPECTACULAR cruise. Relax and Enjoy and let Azamara look after you for a change. You certainly deserve it!!!!

All best John

Hi Zouave,

I'm going to try my very best to post some photos. At the very least, I will try to check out the Spa Suites. Only 1 concern.... I presume that guests may be booked in them, so I'm unsure how available they will be for viewing/photos etc. I'm putting this on my list for Day 1, but I'm hearing that boarding wont start until 2 pm, and, we already have the Meet and Mingle at 6 pm, so it's going to be a *very* hectic day. Hopefully, something can be worked out, so that I can take photos of the Spa Suite.

Thanks Andy.

Also from my side of the world all the best for your upcoming cruise.

You deserve it after doing all this work for us on this site.

And I also like your style you handle things with other people here on the forum.

I´m really looking forward, what you will write about the refurbishment,

which we will see in march.

I´m not making a life report. I like writing every morning at about 6am before having breakfirst with my DH and reflect the last day.

When we arrive at home, I only have to correct my review and maybe some other form and than my DH has to bring it on the website, add the photos and I only have to publish the link on german forums.

All the best for you and whoever is travelling with you.

I´m sorry, that we will miss Johannes, but he wrote me, that he´s doing only 2 cruises after drydock before he is leaving the ship. We will meet the new Captain Magnus, following the officers schedule.

Have a wonderful cruise, Marita