The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

BTW, on Captain Johannes' Facebook page, it answers the question on the veranda doors, with the following comment :

All Veranda Doors are being replaced in the forward Owner Suites and Cabins

Hope this helps !

Hi Midwestchick,

I doubt all verandas are getting new doors. The latest set of photos, is one of the Club World Owner Suites. I'm also wondering why the current doors were removed. However, if you look closely at the photos, it appears new framing is being installed, so it's possible the CW Owner Suites are getting new doors - but that's strictly a guess. I will be sure to find out, when I'm onboard.

Hi Everyone,

Regarding my above comment earlier, I may have been mistaken. This is likely referring to the Club Ocean Suites, located at the forward part of the ship.... where the veranda doors are being replaced.

WOW Andy,

You are such an asset to Az & X with all the hard work you do. I can see the passion in all your posts. Thank you very much.

I am also extremely impressed with the extensive photos willingly shared by the Captain & crew involved. I have never seen anything like this in other such projects on other lines. It's really cemented the fact that we made a correct decision booking AZ for next year even though it's the Quest. I hope the same caliber of refurbishment follows for her.

I so look forward to your live post especially now that the WiFi is being upgraded. ;)

Again, thank you all for this thread and it's content.

From Larry Pimentel's Twitter Feed 1/19/16 - Caption: "Looks like Captain, Hotel Director and famous cruise director are just having too much fun!"

From Left to Right - Cruise Director Eric DeGray, Captain Johannes Tysse, and Hotel Director Heike Berdos

CZGKfPbVIAU_GqG.jpg

Edited by Host Andy

The following photos are from Captain Johannes 1/19/16 - approaching the 1/2 way mark, into the Drydock !

Making 300 feet of French Bread per day :

12508722_10153769381440726_89506686588975792_n.jpg?oh=b7f161b8ae6f09eab407296799f3ff2e&oe=57399A61