The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Yesterday, Captain Johannes posted a picture with the caption "28 Cooks making sure 1500 contractors and crew are well fed every day"

If that's true, than the 400/600 number I quoted from page 1 of this thread is incorrect.

Either way, it's a lot of people, doing a lot of work....

What a project - I hadn't realised how much was going to be renewed.

After 4 Az cruises I'd been tempted to try O, but now I feel guilty that I'd even contemplated 'desertion'.

Don't worry, oliveau, we always welcome back 'deserters'...no questions asked :)

Sometimes we all have to wander to realize there's "no place like home"!

Just wanted to add to the list of Azamara fans full of appreciation for the generous contribution of Host Andy in providing us with this wonderful thread. I have been following Host Andy for many years, and although I'm not a frequent poster, I have been able to observe, admire and respect not only his passion for cruises, in particular Azamara, but also for the professional tone he brings to a medium which can often be acrimonious. He brings an air of knowledge, experience, kindness, positivity and conviviality to all of the forums he contributes to, which adds to the excitement of all of us looking forward to our next cruise, which is half the fun now, isn't it? I hope to meet him personally in the near future, as we are frequent Azamara cruisers, including the upcoming February 29 Journey sailing. Here's to you, Host Andy!

Hi Everyone,

4 new photos (1/20/16) in this batch. Some areas nicely taking shape !

Here's the first photo from Journey's Twitter Feed :

CZLx6ejXEAA4cKx.jpg

Interesting that they've covered the Azamara Logo. Protecting it ? Something else ? Inquiring minds would love to know !

CZLx7PHW0AAOgQ8.jpg

Edited by Host Andy

The new Patio will be our favorite place for a nice outside lunch. The old grill area has been it before on both cruises.

Even on a cold cruise like the British Isles in august 2014 we were sitting outside almost every day when onboard and enjoyed our lunch and the excellent service, even with a plaid to hold us warm and cosy.

Andy,

Thank you so much for doing this! I have been thoroughly enjoying the pictures.

I am anxiously awaiting pictures of cabin furniture (especially in the Club Continent Suites). There was such a kerfluffle about sofas and chairs that it will be refreshing to see something factual rather than dealing with wild speculation.

I just got back from my worst cruise ever on a huge, glitzy, modern ship.

I am so happy to see these pics of Journey and her amazing transformation and I can't wait to be back on an Azamara ship very soon.

Sorry that things did not work out, Lottie. We've never been much interested in glitzy modern. Welcome back.

Hi Everyone,

More photos from Captain Johannes. Thank you again Captain - your're the best ! :)

New Carpet is down laid and well protected in Mosaic

12604694_10153771726495726_473026027626982360_o.jpg