The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Here's photos from Captain Johannes, with the following caption about the external Elevator :

First project to custom-build an elevator at the dock bottom to maintain continuous supply of materials needed to feed the cabin / suite refurbishment during dry-dock.

12509428_10153767635815726_3891879874990200219_n.jpg?oh=1e82288c8af1f8ebc0c1a24f225483c0&oe=56FCCD25

Wow Andy thanks for consolidating all of these, sometimes my Twitter feed buzzes by and I miss stuff! I just got my docs for our "2nd post dry dock cruise" on journey when you disembark (assuming they can get you off! ;)) I'm looking forward to your live report! Hubby and I will also take loads of photos the following week, and I will do a report here, as well as tweet and post to our travel FB page. Any live reporting depends primarily on just how good that new wifi is and how much of our OBC I want to spend on it, lol! Truly looking forward to our first journey on the newly reimagined Journey and your report the week before we go will get us ready!

Hi Familygoboston,

Thanks for your very kind comments. The more I see the Journey photos, the more amazed I am, of such a remarkable project. Agree with your comments on the Wi-Fi. I'm planning to be share as much as possible with our community... but it will all depend upon the Wi-Fi. With that said, I'm very optimistic, that we will see a major improvement.

BTW, I doubt they will be able to get me off the ship on February 7th. They may have to call security :). I look forward to your updates. Have a wonderful cruise !

Andy,

Are the cabins getting new doors?

Hi Midwestchick,

I doubt all verandas are getting new doors. The latest set of photos, is one of the Club World Owner Suites. I'm also wondering why the current doors were removed. However, if you look closely at the photos, it appears new framing is being installed, so it's possible the CW Owner Suites are getting new doors - but that's strictly a guess. I will be sure to find out, when I'm onboard.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Midwestchick,

I doubt all verandas are getting new doors. The latest set of photos, is one of the Club World Owner Suites. I'm also wondering why the current doors were removed. However, if you look closely at the photos, it appears new framing is being installed, so it's possible the CW Owner Suites are getting new doors - but that's strictly a guess. I will be sure to find out, when I'm onboard.

Thank you Andy. And thank you for all you do for cruise critic members. I hope you know how much you're appreciated both here and the X forum.

Enjoy your cruise on the beautiful ship.

I'll be following your live updates.

We're in the Journey in August, but it will be Captain Magnus...not sure who the CD or HD will be.

Thank you Andy. And thank you for all you do for cruise critic members. I hope you know how much you're appreciated both here and the X forum.

Enjoy your cruise on the beautiful ship.

I'll be following your live updates.

We're in the Journey in August, but it will be Captain Magnus...not sure who the CD or HD will be.

Thank you very much Midwestchick. It's always sincerely appreciated when our members email or post such nice comments :). I'm sure you know that I put a tremendous amount of time into this - especially when posting photos and such, which are very time consuming. Not easy to do, especially when work is crazy, and we're preparing to sail on Journey next week (Yay !). No matter what, I stay up as late as it takes, to get the job done.

BTW, if the current information on Azamara's website is correct, your HD should be Ryszard (Richard) - whom I've never sailed with before. However, he's joining the ship next week. I hear great things about him, and eagerly look forward to meeting Ryszard. Your Cruise Director should be Tony Markey. We've sailed with Tony several times, and he's outstanding. I'm sure you will be very pleased. Hope this helps !

Wow Andy thanks for consolidating all of these, sometimes my Twitter feed buzzes by and I miss stuff! I just got my docs for our "2nd post dry dock cruise" on journey when you disembark (assuming they can get you off! ;)) I'm looking forward to your live report! Hubby and I will also take loads of photos the following week, and I will do a report here, as well as tweet and post to our travel FB page. Any live reporting depends primarily on just how good that new wifi is and how much of our OBC I want to spend on it, lol! Truly looking forward to our first journey on the newly reimagined Journey and your report the week before we go will get us ready!

Familygoboston,

I'm so glad you are planning on reporting on your cruise.

Between your images and thoughts, along with Andy's the week before, we will get a good idea how the Journey is post-refurb.

Thank you very much Midwestchick. It's always sincerely appreciated when our members email or post such nice comments :). I'm sure you know that I put a tremendous amount of time into this - especially when posting photos and such, which are very time consuming. Not easy to do, especially when work is crazy, and we're preparing to sail on Journey next week (Yay !). No matter what, I stay up as late as it takes, to get the job done.

BTW, if the current information on Azamara's website is correct, your HD should be Ryszard (Richard) - whom I've never sailed with before. However, he's joining the ship next week. I hear great things about him, and eagerly look forward to meeting Ryszard. Your Cruise Director should be Tony Markey. We've sailed with Tony several times, and he's outstanding. I'm sure you will be very pleased. Hope this helps !

Thanks again. Yes, I know it's very time consuming for you and it's a huge undertaking, especially this one with all the photos.

We've sailed with Tony before....I do like him but Eric seems to bring more fun to the ship

Next year (2017), we're on the Quest so all the staff and crew will be new to us.

Hi Familygoboston,

Thanks for your very kind comments. The more I see the Journey photos, the more amazed I am, of such a remarkable project. Agree with your comments on the Wi-Fi. I'm planning to be share as much as possible with our community... but it will all depend upon the Wi-Fi. With that said, I'm very optimistic, that we will see a major improvement.

BTW, I doubt they will be able to get me off the ship on February 7th. They may have to call security :). I look forward to your updates. Have a wonderful cruise !

Yes, the extent of the work is way beyond what I was expecting, I am prepared to be delighted! We traveled on a very recently refreshed (not as extensive as this! ) Paul Gauguin and it was delightful to enjoy all new everything! If you really can't bear to leave, we do have a sofa bed we can sublet for a very reasonable fee ;)

Where is your cruise going? Leaves Miami? Caribbean? We are doing a canal transit, and very much looking forward to it!

Yes, the extent of the work is way beyond what I was expecting, I am prepared to be delighted! We traveled on a very recently refreshed (not as extensive as this! ) Paul Gauguin and it was delightful to enjoy all new everything! If you really can't bear to leave, we do have a sofa bed we can sublet for a very reasonable fee ;)

Where is your cruise going? Leaves Miami? Caribbean? We are doing a canal transit, and very much looking forward to it!

Hi Familygoboston,

We are sailing 11 nights Caribbean, round trip Miami. Due to Mom's age, and us living about an hour north of the port... the Caribbean is all we can sail - but it works perfectly for us.

My dream itinerary is to transit the Panama Canal. Azamara has an 18 night Quest sailing later this year, that offers a partial Panama Canal transit, round trip from Miami. I'm hoping we can find a way to make it happen.

Edited by Host Andy

Here's a wonderful photo from Larry Pimentel's Twitter feed, of Captain Johannes, and Ellen Bettridge - Azamara VP of Sales & Marketing :

CZBd5vnWMAAKzlu.jpg

Pool furniture stored on top of Prime C :

Guess we can say there's a lot at steak :). Ok, I promise - no more puns, at least for tonight :)

12622142_10153768382170726_2325121642895870709_o.jpg