Diving room service free or not?

dis2cruise

I don't understand the room service with MSC. If I order food between 1 am to 6 am there is a charge of $3.95 right but no charge for the food choices I picked? now Let's say I ordered items on the room service menu at 4:30pm

Do I get charged for the food items i picked?

I don't understand the room service with MSC. If I order food between 1 am to 6 am there is a charge of $3.95 right but no charge for the food choices I picked? now Let's say I ordered items on the room service menu at 4:30pm

The only food item that is free of charge is breakfast*** (07:00am to 10:00am) for Fantastica.,Aurea and Yacht club. Bella have to pay for all food items.

*** The breakfast choice is from a very limited menu. You can see an example of the menu in post #10 on the thread below.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2224649

Delivery of room service items is free of charge ** for the Fantastica, Aurea and YC again Bella will have to pay a charge for the service

** in the Caribbean there is a small charge for service between 23:00 and 06:00

From the UK web site

FANTASTICA

Designed for even greater comfort and flexibility

Savour the Mediterranean way of life with a cruise dedicated to comfort and flexibility. Our "Fantastica" fares offer all the benefits of "Bella" plus a variety of extra privileges.

SuperFamily Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Ocean View and Inside

DINING & DRINKS •Gourmet dining with sitting preference*

•Free in-cabin breakfast•24-hrs room service without any delivery charge**

•Multi-gastronomy buffet open 20 hrs a day

WELLNESS •Unlimited access to the Fitness Centre

•Free use of all Open-Air Sports Facilities

•50% discount on Fitness Classes and Personal Trainer

LEISURE •Best cabin available

•Unlimited use of pool area

•Broadway-style theatre shows and varied live music for adults

•Special events for children from 3 to 11 - Contact the Mini Club on board for full information

•Participation in all entertainment events with a constantly-changing choice every day

•Souvenir Gift to recall the special moments of your cruise, available at the Photo Shop after the Italian night

MSC Voyagers Club points to earn discounts and other benefits on subsequent cruises

* Sitting preference is subject to availability and confirmation on board

** On Caribbean cruises only, a small charge is made for nighttime room service between 23:00 and 06:00 hrs

Edited by Skier52

Does anyone know the approximate prices for room service food? i.e. a cheeseburger at 3pm? or cheese/crackers for a late night snack? Fantastica Level

How about going to the buffet at 3pm and getting the cheeseburger and bring back some snacks for the late night.

Does anyone know the approximate prices for room service food? i.e. a cheeseburger at 3pm? or cheese/crackers for a late night snack? Fantastica Level

Have a look at the link Pete posted to the very limited menu - no cheeseburgers for sure. When we say it is very limited we mean very little. Soup and a roll, a salad, a couple of sandwiches, fruit, one dessert and that is pretty much your lot. It is never a substitute for a meal. Even breakfast is limited. I get tea and a roll (sometimes they give me 2!) and later wander down to the MDR for the rest of my brekkie.

Sometimes there is a pizza room service menu.

How about going to the buffet at 3pm and getting the cheeseburger and bring back some snacks for the late night.

3pm or 3am? eating a 12 hour old burger you got at 3pm doesn't sound fun to me. iirc burgers were available during lunch and the afternoon. at midnight and later the buffet had pizza [the best buffet pizza i've had by far] cold sandwiches and low maintenance stuff life salads. someone correct if i'm wrong. maybe they had some hot pasta dish or something but i don't remember them firing up the grill and having the hot dogs, burgers and fries late at night.

3pm or 3am? eating a 12 hour old burger you got at 3pm doesn't sound fun to me. iirc burgers were available during lunch and the afternoon. at midnight and later the buffet had pizza [the best buffet pizza i've had by far] cold sandwiches and low maintenance stuff life salads. someone correct if i'm wrong. maybe they had some hot pasta dish or something but i don't remember them firing up the grill and having the hot dogs, burgers and fries late at night.

Only hot food I remember seeing on our last cruise is the pizza. What ever happened to the fancy midnight buffet they used to do. Loved getting pictures with the chef an all that food an of course the ice/food sculptures.

now Let's say I ordered items on the room service menu at 4:30pm

I'd like to know what the day time charges are for food too. I can find the RS menu but no mention of prices.

I'd like to know what the day time charges are for food too. I can find the RS menu but no mention of prices.

On Musica last week it was something like 3 or 4 euros per item with a discount for more items, I think 2 for 5 euros. Sorry I can't remember exactly as we didn't use it. There was a great choice of foods in the buffet so we just went up to fetch it.

Julie