Buying an IPad on a Cruise

Desertbelle

For those not in the US looking to buy because of currency and VAT at home, unless you are specifically trying to use OBC, I'd recommend you just visit the Apple Store (there is one in FLL and one in Miami). Yes you'll have to pay 6% Florida sales tax, but at least then you have it from Apple, have the full lineup to choose from, and they will be able to sync all your stuff on their in-store network.

Do they also have the cellular iPad or is it only wifi version?

Thanks

No, for the same reason as no iPhones, there are so many different providers.

I did ask.

When I bought my iPad mini at the end of July on Eclipse, I had to return to collect it once the ship had set sail from Southampton- I had made my purchase early to get maximum choice, but we were still within the 3 mile limit. By the time I collected ,it had already been synced. The only thing that had not been set up was my e- mails, but I had my old iPad with me.

For those not in the US looking to buy because of currency and VAT at home, unless you are specifically trying to use OBC, I'd recommend you just visit the Apple Store (there is one in FLL and one in Miami). Yes you'll have to pay 6% Florida sales tax, but at least you have bought it from Apple

Because Celebrity are the first and only retailer at sea to have the Apple franchise , you still get all the 'Apple perks' including after sales service.

Edited by upwarduk