Parking at Dock for Breakaway

Cauzneffct

We're sailing at the end of May and are trying to figure out our parking situation. Is the parking area gated/locked while the ship is away, or is it open during the week? We've got relatives in the area, and I'm curious if, rather than paying for the week, if they could drop us off and then bring/park the car a day or two before we get back.

We're sailing at the end of May and are trying to figure out our parking situation. Is the parking area gated/locked while the ship is away, or is it open during the week? We've got relatives in the area, and I'm curious if, rather than paying for the week, if they could drop us off and then bring/park the car a day or two before we get back.

Not sure if you can do that. If I remember correctly, I think we paid on the way in, not on the way out. Suggest calling to see if what you want to do is possible. It's not a public lot, it's specifically for the Breakaway.

Not sure if you can do that. If I remember correctly, I think we paid on the way in, not on the way out. Suggest calling to see if what you want to do is possible. It's not a public lot, it's specifically for the Breakaway.

That pier is not exclusive to NCL. Silversea, HAL and others birth there as well. And you can only pay as you enter the rooftop parking facility. They accept cash, MC,VS.

However for $35 you can park for up to 10 hours. Maybe that would work for the OP.

Otherwise it's $40 a day up to 10 days.

Edited by Golfin55

I don't think you can do that. When we parked there, they just asked us the ship name, and automatically charged us the $280 for the week. You can ask—but I think it's a secure area, and I think they're going to say no.

When will you be going? We are on the May 29 sailing.

We use a parking lot/deck a few blocks away. Much less expensive and more flexible for what you are describing. For our 10 day cruise we paid 230. And since its indoors no snow or ice removal!! DH usually drops me off. I get luggage settled and he meets me back at check in. Since you're going in May weather won't be an issue.

We've always parked at Park Right a few blocks away. They drive you to the cruise terminal and it is so easy to walk the few blocks when you get home. Also heard good things about Valet Anywhere, which actually meets you at the terminal! Both much cheaper than parking at cruise terminal.