Have we done the wrong thing?

uktog

We have just confirmed a RS for next October 28th to Hawaii but now I am reading reference to people not being able to use thier balconies because it was too cold and windy. We are hardy Scots but should we change to a CS. My husband likes his cigars and does not smoke indoors - that was our reasons for the RS, but I had hoped for a bit of sunbathing - have I got it wrong?:confused:

I would keep the RS with the balcony. I think what they are referring to is mostly the sea days to and from the California coast. It can be cool during the crossing, but once you are in Hawaii it will be beautiful. While it may be cool, I don't think it will be so bitter that your DH couldn't sit out there and enjoy his cigar. It may be cool and windy, but a blanket would be sufficient (we did this many mornings going from Vancouver to SF). It was absolutely delightful. Plus, once you are in Hawaii the weather will be wonderful and you will enjoy full use of the balcony.

Not knowing how many sea-days you have, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd go and enjoy it!

I would keep the Royal. We usually travel in a RS but have recently changed a reservation for an Alaska Cruise in May to a CS. While all your sea days will not be real warm you can alway sit in your whirlpool spa a stay nice an toasty. I would think you will really enjoy the the huge Varanda while near on on the islands.

Keep it.

We were in a RS on Infinity this time last year, to Hawaii. Maybe the first day it was not super warm on the balcony , but by far, it is worth it to have that space, particularly when you are in the islands.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I have done the right think - after all anything in the 50s feels like summer to us. I do like the idea of the jacuzi on the balcony. Mind I also love the windows of the Celebrity Suite! Wish it was this October and not next October that I was going!!!

Archived