Call from Royal Caribbean

b-sizzle

Has anyone recently received a call directly from Royal Caribbean offering customer service support (other than having them return your call)?

I got a call earlier today from a woman at Royal Caribbean asking me if I had been able to make my reservation for Navigator of the Seas. When I confirmed that I had indeed made a reservation she then asked if I needed help booking any excursions, specialty dining, etc. She said that she had sent me an email earlier in the day (stating my correct email address), but I never got an email. I checked my junk mail just to be sure...

Curious, I Googled the number (800-859-7225) and a thread from CC back in 2011 popped up talking about Certified Vacation Planners. So I know it's legitimate and not some scam, but at the same time it seemed odd to me that she would call not knowing if I actually had a reservation or not, when clearly she had my account in front of her to know my email address, ship, etc.

So now I'm curious...has anyone else ever gotten one of these calls? Is this standard and I just haven't gotten one up to this point? Or is it as odd as I thought it was? No complaints...I'm happy to have been offered one-on-one support, but wasn't sure if it was typical or not.

Sorry for the long-winded question!!

When Empress first opened up I put a hold on an ocean view. Talked to the DW about the cruise and dates and when we wanted to go (we had been waiting for her to open up bookings). Once we decided all that I canceled the hold (crap room) and rebooked a b2b with a better room.

Got a call that afternoon from a certified vacation planner along with an email, asking if everything was ok and why I canceled my "reservation". Explained it was a hold and that I just rebooked to get a better room. She said ok and just wanted to make sure I was happy with RCCL, etc, etc. Then went into selling excursions and drink packages.

First time I've ever gotten the call also, however also the first time I've cancelled a hold/reservation.

When Empress first opened up I put a hold on an ocean view. Talked to the DW about the cruise and dates and when we wanted to go (we had been waiting for her to open up bookings). Once we decided all that I canceled the hold (crap room) and rebooked a b2b with a better room.

Got a call that afternoon from a certified vacation planner along with an email, asking if everything was ok and why I canceled my "reservation". Explained it was a hold and that I just rebooked to get a better room. She said ok and just wanted to make sure I was happy with RCCL, etc, etc. Then went into selling excursions and drink packages.

First time I've ever gotten the call also, however also the first time I've cancelled a hold/reservation.

Interesting, I haven't cancelled anything but have made plenty of price checks using my login without actually holding any rooms. I wondered if that triggered the call...?

Either way I'm glad to know someone else has had it happen to them. At first I thought I was getting a visit from the "upgrade fairy"! Maybe next time!!

In the last year, I put a cabin on hold, and was already booked on the cruise. The Royal C agent couldn't claim the held cabin because she couldn't unlock it, or something..so I lost the cabin.....but.....the next day, I did receive a call from someone at Royal C asking if I was able to book the held cabin. I just said that yes, everything was fine. I was very surprised at the call, too.

I wondered what was going on, but didn't question it. There was no personal info asked nor given....just a :confused: to me, LOL

In the last year, I put a cabin on hold, and was already booked on the cruise. The Royal C agent couldn't claim the held cabin because she couldn't unlock it, or something..so I lost the cabin.....but.....the next day, I did receive a call from someone at Royal C asking if I was able to book the held cabin. I just said that yes, everything was fine. I was very surprised at the call, too.

I wondered what was going on, but didn't question it. There was no personal info asked nor given....just a :confused: to me, LOL

If you put a room on hold - especially if you let it go past the confirmation date - you will almost always receive calls to follow up on your booking. They also will likely call if you let the booking pass to see if they can help with another one. Seeing your interest by way of a hold triggers a call to assist to help assure closing a booking.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I too received a call when I first put our room on hold for upcoming Adventure cruise. Since the hold had expired, the agent offered to throw in a chocolate/fruit plate to be delievered to our cabin if we booked with him over the phone. Was planning to book anyways once I got home from work that day, so I went ahead and made the reservation.

We will see if the goodies actually get delivered since I booked back in June...

I had a hold that I let expire, and got a phone call the next day. I told them we had decided to wait it out and see if prices went down at all. Well I guess their calling tactics work because 20 minutes later I was making our deposit. Haha. She was able to give me some sort of discount and onboard perks to sweeten the deal enough for us to book on the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too received a call when I first put our room on hold for upcoming Adventure cruise. Since the hold had expired, the agent offered to throw in a chocolate/fruit plate to be delievered to our cabin if we booked with him over the phone. Was planning to book anyways once I got home from work that day, so I went ahead and made the reservation.

We will see if the goodies actually get delivered since I booked back in June...

That ended up working out well...one less thing to do when you got home!

I'll keep my fingers crossed you get your goodies as promised!

I had a hold that I let expire, and got a phone call the next day. I told them we had decided to wait it out and see if prices went down at all. Well I guess their calling tactics work because 20 minutes later I was making our deposit. Haha. She was able to give me some sort of discount and onboard perks to sweeten the deal enough for us to book on the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that sounds like a good deal! I guess I should program the number as RCCL into my phone so I know who is calling next time.