Chefs table in the galley?

SFplusP

Which ships seat you in the galley to eat? A few of them do, don't they? If you have done it, where do they put you so you are not in the way/can actually hear your table mates talking? We have done the CT once but were in a private room off the MDR.

We were in the galley on the Dream..but in the disco I think on the Pride...but on each one we had our apps and champagne in the kitchen as we watched the demo for the warm chocolate melting cake...I actually preferred the disco over the galley...way too much going on in the galley...

I am pretty sure it is the Dream class (Dream, Magic, Breeze). Vista will have a unique and totally cool version. I cannot think of another ship that dine's you in the galley itself. We have done 5 CT's on the Magic, Pride, Breeze, Splendor (2) and one on Oasis of the seas.

• 5 weeks later...
Which ships seat you in the galley to eat? A few of them do, don't they? If you have done it, where do they put you so you are not in the way/can actually hear your table mates talking? We have done the CT once but were in a private room off the MDR.

Had it in galley, library, & private room

Triumph is in the Library - I enjoyed the location, Have also been on the Magic - but I liked the Triumph location better, they were putting the finishing touches on right next to our end of the table so I could see all the "action" which I loved. Can't wait - 17 days and I will be sailing on her again and will be doing the chef's table with my son and daughter and their spouses.

• 3 months later...

We just sailed the Magic, and did the Chef's Table. It is our second Chef's Table event.

My recommendation (IMHO), do not book the Chef's Table on the Magic until they move it to a private and QUIET dining area!:eek: It was held in a very noisy part of the Galley!:confused:

The Chef had to YELL CONSTANTLY for any of us to hear him describe the dishes, and then it was hit and miss!:mad:

It was also VERY RUSHED, compared to our 1st Chef's Table experience!

Champagne was limited to 1 glass, prior to the "Canapes" (appetizers), being served. No napkins were offered during this part of the event....finger lickin' is not my idea of a special dinner!

Most courses during the dinner were served, BEFORE many of us had finished the previous course!:rolleyes: Again, a very rushed and less than ELEGANT experience!

Wine, although it was available, was not flowing as was the case in our 1st CT event. We had to ask for a refill a couple of times.:confused:

Overall, if I were able to remove the TIP, which I may still pursue, I would have at the end of the event. Instead it was added automatically to our S&S acct. If it were not added, I would have left 2 cents!:)

Edited by jwjax

That's sad jwjax. Sorry you were so disappointed. Yours is the first negative review I can recall.

We are booked for the Chef's Table on the Breeze this summer. It will be our first time and we're excited.

You'll love the experience of the CT !:)

However, if the Breeze, holds in the Galley, I would definitely reconsider!:)

At $75pp, at least one would expect to able to HEAR the CHEF and the course being served.!:eek: And, have unlimited wine and champagne!:)

Again, this is MY experience, hopefully you's is like our first CT experience!:)

Anyone know where it is on the Fantasy?

Not for sure, but a coworker just did Chefs Table on the Estacey ( another fantasy Class ship) They started in the Galley and ended in the Library. They enjoyed it very much

We have done it twice (Dream & Magic) specifically booked the Magic CT again because it WAS in the galley. I wouldn't book one unless it was in the galley. We love watching the activity.

Yes it can be a little loud and if you are at one end of the table you probably won't be able to talk or hear somebody at the other end. The Chef always did his description of the courses twice, once and each end of the table.

The area is an alcove tucked in between some freezers, so out of the way but still in the action.

We did have unlimited wine. However, the first time on the Dream we had parings with each course and on the Magic it was just a single label for the entire dinner. Not a bad wine, but sort of disappointing that it wasn't a paring.

Edited by jamesr3939

We just did it on the Breeze and it was in the galley. The negative to that was that it was very loud and our Chef was hard to hear. But well worth the money!

Wine and Champagne were unlimited and our experience was almost 3 hours - a little too long. I had to go to the bathroom and I didn't want to be the only one to have to ask where it was. But in hindsight, I could have just gone out the galley door through the dining room and found one.

Our Vista CT should be as good if not better given it is in a room within the galley. Hopefully with restrooms. LOL

Edited by LisaH

You'll love the experience of the CT !:)

However, if the Breeze, holds in the Galley, I would definitely reconsider!:)

At $75pp, at least one would expect to able to HEAR the CHEF and the course being served.!:eek: And, have unlimited wine and champagne!:)

Again, this is MY experience, hopefully you's is like our first CT experience!:)

CT on Breeze and Magic IS in the galley - but it is NOT noisy and the chef did NOT have to shout to be heard. Wine service was better on Magic than Breeze - Magic brought in a wine stewardess to serve the wine and she was alert about refilling glasses. No such person on Breeze and the waiter on Breeze seemed to wander off quite a lot (I have no idea what he was doing, but it delayed courses and was annoying for people who wanted to go to the restroom when he was nowhere to be found to help them find their way) and was not as attentive as on Magic. But the Chef on Breeze was super friendly and I enjoyed him much more than the chef on Magic. He happened to be in the buffet a day or two later and recognized me from CT and we had a great conversation. Both meals were equally good.

Does anyone know where it is on the Legend? Also, how does tipping work? Automatically added, extra is expected, personally tip after service??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does anyone know where it is on the Legend? Also, how does tipping work? Automatically added, extra is expected, personally tip after service??

Although it's traditionally been included, they are now double tipping, adding 15% to the bill.

The Chef's Table on the Spirit Class ships (Legend, Spirit, Miracle, and Pride) will start in the galley like the rest, but the meal is held on the bottom level of the dance club.