NOTICE: Enterprise-National-Alamo new location at Port Canaveral

SteerageJoe

On January 13, these three companies stopped their shuttles between the old location on A1A and the Port.

All rental car cruisers should note the new address - a GREAT location near Exploration Tower! It is a large property with plenty of room and easy in/out.

Only 0.5 miles walking from terminal B1 and less than 4 minutes by shuttle.

To check if your ship docks at cruise terminal 1, the Port schedule can be downloaded from here.

Building:

Enterprise-National-Alamo2.jpg

Enterprise-National-Alamo3.jpg

wondering if there are any feed back reports fm the change

I drove down that way yesterday and when I passed the south port entrance there was a backup of cars trying to get into the south port from both directions ..... I thought there must be a BIG accident ... but no, there was a special event at the tower ... and no parking .... and limited roads .....

If a cruiser was wanting to pickup or drop off at these new location yesterday, I hope they had a hour or two to spare . . .

If an MBA holder recommended this change .... their degree should be revoked

btw .... drove by the old location and it was business as usual, and shuttles from HERE to the north side (where most ships load) would not be impacted ..... no traffic backup to the north side

wondering if there are any feed back reports fm the change

I drove down that way yesterday and when I passed the south port entrance there was a backup of cars trying to get into the south port from both directions ..... I thought there must be a BIG accident ... but no, there was a special event at the tower ... and no parking .... and limited roads .....

If a cruiser was wanting to pickup or drop off at these new location yesterday, I hope they had a hour or two to spare . . .

If an MBA holder recommended this change .... their degree should be revoked

btw .... drove by the old location and it was business as usual, and shuttles from HERE to the north side (where most ships load) would not be impacted ..... no traffic backup to the north side

It was a holiday weekend with a very popular one-day festival at the Port, a beautiful sunny day with everyone out and with 5 ships in Port!

A very unusual combination of events and you cannot judge based on that.

When you live near the rental car companies on A1A your perspective of "business as usual" is very different. It is becoming very dangerous and stressful to turn left onto A1A towards the Port nowadays between 11am and 1pm. The shuttle drivers face that daily and do not like it one bit.

Accidents are on the increase and pedestrians are killed.

Cruisers returning cars to busy Budget (for example) have to park on the shoulder of A1A and yesterday at noon they started to block the right lane southwards on A1A causing plenty of frustration. An occurence that is becoming more common with the low daily rates, gas prices and popularity of one-way car rentals.

Moving the rental car buildings to the Port or west on 528 is a positive step in my opinion. I like the new terminal B building and location but would love a second location at terminal A even more..

Edited by SteerageJoe

• 5 weeks later...
How about a water taxi to get across the channel. :D

THAT IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA!! I nominate Capt BJ to start a service (using amphibious ducks) between the Terminal B complex and the terminals over at A!

Especially when traffic is bad near the tower during festivals!

Edited by SteerageJoe

THAT IS AN EXCELLENT IDEA!! I nominate Capt BJ to start a service (using amphibious ducks) between the Terminal B complex and the terminals over at A!

Especially when traffic is bad near the tower during festivals!

Hovercraft gets my vote

I've got just the boat for this

car.jpg

btw .... posts that use my old rental map will see the rather crudely modified map ... I'm limited by what photobucket editing will allow me to do to the existing link'.

FUTURE references will use this annotated copy of SJ's map

canaveral%20rentals%20Feb16_zpsde76i5qd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive my ignorance. My ship (Anthem of the Seas) is listed as in port at CT1. Is this the same as Terminal B1 listed in the OP's helpful picture, and therefore walkable (1/2 mile or so) to and from Alamo Car Rental? Thanks in advance.

Forgive my ignorance. My ship (Anthem of the Seas) is listed as in port at CT1. Is this the same as Terminal B1 listed in the OP's helpful picture, and therefore walkable (1/2 mile or so) to and from Alamo Car Rental? Thanks in advance.

Yes, Cruise Terminal 1 (CT1), is also referred to B1 (Terminal 1 on the "B" side of the channel).

Edited by clarea

Yes, CT1 is the same as B1.

I was very pleased with this location in January. Very fast, convenient service, and shuttle to ship within a few minutes of my arriving. There were many cruisers inside trying to pick up cars, so those lines were quite long waiting for people returning cars. Guess that's why the agent met me at the door!:) The only thing I did not like was not being told the change of location, before that morning, and reading their sign in the door of the old location on A1A, or Astronaut or whatever the street name is there. I had to call and find out how to get to the new location, but it was very easy, since I'm familiar with Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach.

Edited by cruising grandma

• 3 months later...

How often do the shuttles run between the Alamo/Enterprise/National location and the Port? Do the three of them share one shuttle, or would I have to wait for National only, if that is who I booked with?

Also, when we get off the ship, where do we go to find the shuttles? Are they there waiting or do we have to call and request a pick up?