$5,656 for a balcony on Oasis in June !!

berylde

Pricing cabins for 2 of our families in June on the Oasis.

One family consists of Mom & Dad and 2 children under 12. According to RCL website, inside and OV cabins unavailable. So, the price for a superior balcony for the 4 of them is $5,656 for 7 days.

The other family has 3 children. I didn't even try for a quote. I am in shock at these prices

But, would like to know if I am naive. Is $ 5,656, the amount an average family would spend on a week's vacation? (doesn't include their airfare, either)

Rcl is getting ridiculous with there prices. Try MSC and you will see a big difference.

We are a family of five. We always sail in February to avoid these crazy prices.

We are able to get nicer rooms...suites in february for the same price you are paying for a balcony or ocean view during the summer. We have sailed NCL haven suites, 2 bedroom suites on royal carribean, suites on carnival for all around $6000 with lots of bonus add ons in Feb....keep in mind these have mostly been newer ships....Carnival Vista next year, haven on the escape this year and before that we did NCL epic haven suite.

This year for the first time we have decided to take summer cruise....I hate paying so much for an ocean view or balcony. I have priced everything...all inclusives as well. It is costing my family $5800 for family panoramic ocean view stateroom on liberty of the seas. Two connecting balconies were about the same price. I chose the panoramic because they will be brand new rooms that are being added during refurbishment plus I'm not keen on the idea of my little guys having access to their own balcony. I caved and booked it...as I was getting some onboard credit which will cover gratuities and I don't have to fly as the port is nearby. Also my choices are somewhat limited as a family of 5. For the record I priced 2 balconies are Carnival Breeze and it was $5800 also.

If you price it out by day....the all inclusives (nice ones) are about the same price as a cruise....i'm finding around $160/night/person in the average.

Edited by ginger123snaps

That is an insane price. I'm glad my birthday is in September as fall is my favourite time to cruise! It would have to be a special occasion for me to book a cruise between April and August. Also, as others have mentioned, booking early really helps, especially when you need a specialty room. I mainly cruise solo, so I definitely have to book early to get a good rate. My February 2017 cruise has jumped up $800 since I booked it last summer.

Edited by Virtopia

I just double checked my February 2017 cruise ... it's actually jumped up $1,500 since I booked. That will cover the rest of my trip!

I don't understand, your price hasn't changed. How is this increase going to pay for your trip? It's not like there is a resale market

I don't understand, your price hasn't changed. How is this increase going to pay for your trip? It's not like there is a resale market

I mean the difference is the amount that will supplement the rest of my trip expenses. I wouldn't have booked at the current price.

I believe the best way to book is not only far in advanced.

But use a third party booking website and do a search by the month you are interested in going.

This way you can see all the different cruise lines at one time and compare.

You will also find prices are dramatically different week to week...

Anyone priced a 7 night stay at Disney for a family of 4? Plus you end up spending half the day waiting in lines. Overall one of the biggest value of a cruise is giving you TIME, and low stress. Not to mention it's still a better value price wise than land based vacations. If $5,800 is too high for someone for a Superior Balcony, switch to an Oceanview or have the kids in the inside and the parents across the hall in a balcony. Everyone from insides to Suites are still going to be on the same ship eating the same food and seeing the same shows and ports.