Golfito

tango9

I just returned by Azamara cruise and wanted to report our time in Golfito. I had difficulty finding any reviews prior to this cruise.

We booked ahead of time with Changing Tides and posted on Cruise Critic for others to join, We had seven of us, which brought the price down.

Had a great time, first on small boat to see dolphins playing in the bay, then a swim and snorkel off the boat , in the bay, then to a small Eco Lodge where owner took us on a walk in the rainforest and showed us his garden. Then lunch in their open air restaurant with a great ocean/bay view.

Would recommend them.

Someone else found a tour office in town and took a horseback ride tour witch included lunch. maybe they lucked out with timing for this.

• 1 month later...

This was a tour that was arranged in advance. We were 10 participants and found each other on Cruise Critic Roll Call. We all paid Costa Rica Expeditions in advance via Credit card. Thank you Familyofboston for arranging.

The tour turned out to be great, but despite the fact that our group leader, Familyofboston, had reconfirmed that we would be picked up at 8 and then dropped off at 3, the guide, driver and boat expected us at 7 with finishing time 2.

The Guide, Randy, was excellent and we were on our tour even longer than 3. There was also a misunderstanding regarding the tour. The title mentioned snorkeling, and that was part of why I scheduled this tour as we love snorkeling. DH and I had brought our equipment all the way from home! This was also remedied, all who wanted to were able to snorkel.

We saw two different kinds of dolphins and a coati in addition to a lot of different insects and small critters on our jungle walk in the botanical garden. We also were introduced to many different plants and got to taste them.

It was a beautiful day on the bay, we drove very far, but made it back in time. On the way out it was calm but on the way home the waves had picked up and we were all saturated.

I would recommend Costa Rica Expeditions, but do double check on the time and confirm the itenirary. Because the guide and boat driver went out of their way, they were tipped very well.

• 1 month later...