Nassau, 7-2

mamakinrocks

Hello All,

Can't imagine why we would be making such a quick stop, although I'm sure that there is some sort of reason. Any suggestions as to what to do in such a short period of time? Typically, we would head out for a beach day, but not sure it will even be worth it. Thanks!!

I'm guessing you're on Royal's Oasis class?

We have the same schedule on Allure. Our initial plan was to just walk to the close beach Junkanoo to get some beach time in and check out the local shops for a couple hours. Or, people say that the British Colonial Hilton is nice for a "day" pass, which is also walking distance...but the few hours would have to be worth it to you.

Although it's a very short time, we "splurged" and decided to do the Blue Lagoon excursion. Yes, it's pricey and time is short, but the place looks really nice and kid friendly, and we wanted to enjoy our time in port and not just be a wasteful day.

Edited by LuCruise

Thanks LuCruise. We are on Oasis. We have also sailed on the Allure....great ship! Yes, the day passes would be nice....but with such a short time, not sure that it is worth it. If we had more time, we would love to visit Atlantis. Have always wanted to see it. We may just walk to Junkanoo. If anyone has ideas, would love to hear them. Thanks!

Thanks LuCruise. We are on Oasis. We have also sailed on the Allure....great ship! Yes, the day passes would be nice....but with such a short time, not sure that it is worth it. If we had more time, we would love to visit Atlantis. Have always wanted to see it. We may just walk to Junkanoo. If anyone has ideas, would love to hear them. Thanks!

Yeah, I feel the same with wanting to have had more time so we could have gone to Atlantis. Guess these ships are on a tight timeline to get to the next port.

A friend of mine visited the pirate museum last year and enjoyed that. It's also near the port, in walking distance I believe.

Enjoy your cruise. Let us know what you decide about Nassau.

The British Colonial Hilton is very nice. A good place for tea or a drink or lunch or a day pass from say 9-1. The Pirate Museum is across the road.

Also, the Ardastra Gardens and Zoo is a fun excursion which takes about 3 hours, including transportation.

Hubby and i are booked on the Allure with the same short port time.

We're going to head over to Junkanoo Beach to the Tiki Bikini Hut. Based upon the reviews on Tripadvisor, it's a lively beach area with chairs, umbrellas, food, music and alcohol. Prices seem very reasonable.

After that, we'll head back and do some shopping before getting back onboard.

I've been to Nassau so many times and was going to stay on the ship, but after reading the reviews on this place, I'm actually looking forward to this stop.

The reviews are reminding me of the lively atmosphere of Coki beach, which we love.

Yes it does.

With our limited time, I plan on getting off the ship at 8a, and leisurely walk taking in the sights

to Junkanoo.

I love caribbean food, fried red snapper, rice and peas with plantains, so I'm definitely eating lunch on the island.:p

Hopefully, we'll be able to do some quick shopping on our way back to the ship.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy.:)

If we had more time, we would love to visit Atlantis. Have always wanted to see it.

You have time to see Atlantis. It only takes a few hours to do the Digs (aquarium) pass and even wander around Marina Village a little. You wouldn't be able to go to the pools and beach but you could see a little of the property. It's not a bad way to spend a morning.

Blue Lagoon is amazing but I wouldn't do it with your hours unless you book through the cruise line.

You have time to see Atlantis. It only takes a few hours to do the Digs (aquarium) pass and even wander around Marina Village a little. You wouldn't be able to go to the pools and beach but you could see a little of the property. It's not a bad way to spend a morning.

Blue Lagoon is amazing but I wouldn't do it with your hours unless you book through the cruise line.

Royal's Oasis/Allure usually offers an excursion to Blue Lagoon. With the 7am - 2pm Nassau timing, it's short and runs from 8am - 12pm. They have their own ferry that takes you there close to the port. As mentioned above, we have decided to sign up for it. Looks like a great place and a great way to spend the few hours.

Royal's Oasis/Allure usually offers an excursion to Blue Lagoon. With the 7am - 2pm Nassau timing, it's short and runs from 8am - 12pm. They have their own ferry that takes you there close to the port. As mentioned above, we have decided to sign up for it. Looks like a great place and a great way to spend the few hours.

You will love it. We were there on Saturday to do their new Segway tour and it was fantastic. The island is beautiful and we got to watch the dolphins in training.

You will love it. We were there on Saturday to do their new Segway tour and it was fantastic. The island is beautiful and we got to watch the dolphins in training.

Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback. I do worry that it's not enough time (especially with the ferry ride), but at least we'll enjoy the time that we have.

OP, let us know what you decide.

Great to hear. Thanks for the feedback. I do worry that it's not enough time (especially with the ferry ride), but at least we'll enjoy the time that we have.

Consider the ferry ride part of the excursion. You'll get to see Atlantis and Paradise Island from the water and a nice view of the little, surrounding islands. Very pretty.

My only complaint about the ferry was that they were blasting the music too loud. I'm not sure why they do that - music is supposed to enhance the ambiance, not hurt your ears. :)

Consider the ferry ride part of the excursion. You'll get to see Atlantis and Paradise Island from the water and a nice view of the little, surrounding islands. Very pretty.

My only complaint about the ferry was that they were blasting the music too loud. I'm not sure why they do that - music is supposed to enhance the ambiance, not hurt your ears. :)

Yes, very true. The ferry ride will be part of the fun with great views and a "tour". Sounds like we should bring ear plugs...:D

• 1 month later...
Hubby and i are booked on the Allure with the same short port time.

We're going to head over to Junkanoo Beach to the Tiki Bikini Hut. Based upon the reviews on Tripadvisor, it's a lively beach area with chairs, umbrellas, food, music and alcohol. Prices seem very reasonable.

After that, we'll head back and do some shopping before getting back onboard.

I've been to Nassau so many times and was going to stay on the ship, but after reading the reviews on this place, I'm actually looking forward to this stop.

The reviews are reminding me of the lively atmosphere of Coki beach, which we love.

Hi - I was wondering if you'd been on your cruise yet. We're crushing the allure in 5 weeks and trying to firm up on our shore excursions. This is only our 2nd ever cruise, so soaking up on my research. I also liked the sound of tiki hut, but sometimes the reviews can be a little unreliable. Sorry, but your post didn't say when you were actually cruising.

Regards t