Escape 1/23 called for upgrade and got one!

jewliana

Just wanted to let you know it can happen! I called 1 week before sailing. First I went on the website. We had booked a GX Balcony and I saw that Mini Suites were now going for $80 more than what we paid. I called and we got the upgrade for $80 each. Incredible savings! Its a GX so not sure where we will end up but know we will have a killer bathroom...LOL!!!

Just wanted to let you know it can happen! I called 1 week before sailing. First I went on the website. We had booked a GX Balcony and I saw that Mini Suites were now going for $80 more than what we paid. I called and we got the upgrade for $80 each. Incredible savings! Its a GX so not sure where we will end up but know we will have a killer bathroom...LOL!!!

congrats

If mini-suites were $80 more online, how is paying $80 each an upgrade? When people say they were able to upgrade, they mean they were offered an upgrade at a much lower price than is shown online.

But if you get the new price (probably lower than what it was when they booked) AND keep all of your promotions, then that is an upgrade.

But if you get the new price (probably lower than what it was when they booked) AND keep all of your promotions, then that is an upgrade.

The mini suite was much more when we originally purchased plus I got 2 options instead of the one that they are currently offering. I am very excited to try out that extra 30 sq feet! LOL!!!

Congrats!! I hope you have the best time!! Don't forget to take pics of your room and the amazing bathroom!!

If you booked through a TA your TA will have to call for you

This is not necessarily true based on my experience last week. I was able to upgrade 4 rooms, 2 booked through NCL and 2 through a TA. There was no mention of the TA.

As a side note - the upsell folks are some of the friendliest people I've dealt with at NCL.

If mini-suites were $80 more online, how is paying $80 each an upgrade? When people say they were able to upgrade, they mean they were offered an upgrade at a much lower price than is shown online.

Wow I just LOVE your attitude, NOT!

They upgraded themselves at the going rate, I agree not the way we tend to think of an upgrade.

They upgraded themselves at the going rate, I agree not the way we tend to think of an upgrade.

Don't get hung up on semantics. Probably technically more of an upsell. But when someone can go from an oceanview to a balcony for a mere $54 pp, I don't care what you call it! This oceanview cabin was booked January 2015, and no way could they have booked the balcony at the time, or as prices rose over the next few months, for an additional $54. It is only a few days out that balcony prices have dropped enough to allow this very inexpensive upgrade initiated by them. They called reservations and got it themselves.

Another in our party is in an inside and got an email from upsell yesterday from the Upsell Dept. offering a move to balcony for $100 pp or to minisuite for $200 pp. Also a great deal, although they will probably pass on it.

Edited by punkincc

The minisuite bathrooms on the Escape are great! Have a good time! And Congrats!

bf8927b7c8fa0d22f5405430663c4fc8.jpg

b3e43217a83e4a048306c351c5eb4766.jpg

Edited by BirdTravels