Water on board

Buffy61

Just a question please....Going on Pacific Jewel shortly and I see no glass or plastic water bottles allowed to be taken on board (I assume other P&O ships the same?).

Anyway can anyone tell me can you buy normal bottled water on board or are they big 2ltr bottles.

Just wondering if practical to be taking to gym or off ship days to carry around?

Can anyone advise how much water is on board. I heard its a rip off ... to a captive audience.

Thanks

In your cabin there is the option to buy. There is 3 x 1.5 litre bottles and if you buy the 3 (for $15) you get 3 x free. So basically you get 6 x 1.5 litre bottles for $15.

You can buy the small ones but they are the rip off you mentioned, think it was like $4-95 for smallish bottle. On our cruise there were always people at the water stations filling up their bottles etc..to take ashore. All the islands you go to. (Like mystery is, lifou, Isle of pines etc....... P&O always have the water coolers on the islands , just where you get the tenders. Sooooooo icy cold, was great. In the gym there are plastic cups etc and a water station for you. Fiona

You can bring a water bottle, just not bottled water.

I bring a wide mouth one so I can fill it with ice. Fill at the water stations at the buffet.

Thank you that is useful info I heard it was because some 'water' was vodka etc. Empty bottle should be OK

Thank you that is useful info I heard it was because some 'water' was vodka etc. Empty bottle should be OK

Yes, that is true. They couldn't check the seal on every bottle. And I do like vodka. ;)

The crazy thing is people post that they do this on here quite a bit. What they think cruise line staff don't read?? :rolleyes:

Just a question please....Going on Pacific Jewel shortly and I see no glass or plastic water bottles allowed to be taken on board (I assume other P&O ships the same?).

Anyway can anyone tell me can you buy normal bottled water on board or are they big 2ltr bottles.

Just wondering if practical to be taking to gym or off ship days to carry around?

Can anyone advise how much water is on board. I heard its a rip off ... to a captive audience.

Thanks

Hi, Can you bring as sort of can drinks on board,pacific pearl, like V etc?

Yes, that is true. They couldn't check the seal on every bottle. And I do like vodka. ;)

The crazy thing is people post that they do this on here quite a bit. What they think cruise line staff don't read?? :rolleyes:

Can you bring any sort of cans on board, pacific pearl, like V etc?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Maybe a problem on that ship, or more likely just an issue in your cabin area.

Just like how your house on land can sometimes get brown water as they replace piping nearby, but the overall supply is fine, it is usually a local issue.

Haven't had an issue on any ship, including the Jewel as per the OP.