Giving NCL One More Try... Advice?!?

DrVal

Now what?!? :eek:

This is our second try on NCL and our second huge disaster. Is now an appropriate time to get a partial refund of our Dream fare as opposed to a credit?!?Should we contact Colin again?[/b] We've already scheduled our vacation time and have little wiggle room.

We'd love to hear from all of you!!! :confused:

DrVal: At least this time, it is not just you - there are over 2000 other

passengers who also are affected by this dry dock. I surely do hope that

they don't all try to contact Colin Veitch!!!!

Please don't take this unfortunate event personally, or assume that it

is a disaster. It truly is not. This is an unfortunate event for all who

booked at this time. Things do happen to change itineraries, and entire

cruises.

Have you visited NCL site, to see the press release which gives a

special toll free number for Star cruisers??

It's well beyond final payment date, unless you booked a suite, you should be able to get almost a full refund if you wish on all your arrangements.

Since NCL isn't going to make this cruise sailing, you should get a full refund on the charges charged by NCL. They probably will not offer any on board credit for a future cruise since you should be getting a full refund.

As you have experienced, not just old ships have mechanical problems.

:confused:

I am confused...I never saw a cruise date mentioned by DrVal which has been subsequently canceled. Are we being played' date=' for her amusement, again because I did see that a thread started about this same cancelation was "poofed".

PE<---is just curious...[/quote']

Real deal - Star into drydock in March - last cruise March 1 - Looks like Dr. Val will get another future cruise credit from her current future cruise credit. That should create a real re-booking Nightmare:D

It's well beyond final payment date, unless you booked a suite, you should be able to get almost a full refund if you wish on all your arrangements.

Since NCL isn't going to make this cruise sailing, you should get a full refund on the charges charged by NCL. They probably will not offer any on board credit for a future cruise since you should be getting a full refund.

In DrVal's case she was using a future cruise credit towards this cruise that's now canceled. I don't think she should have to lose her future cruise credit because her cruise is now canceled by the cruise line. My guess is she can now apply the cruise credit to another cruise. If any future cruise credit is offered for the cancellation, she should be able to apply that as well. Sounds complicated but NCL should be able to work it out.

In DrVal's case she was using a future cruise credit towards this cruise that's now canceled. I don't think she should have to lose her future cruise credit because her cruise is now canceled by the cruise line. My guess is she can now apply the cruise credit to another cruise. If any future cruise credit is offered for the cancellation, she should be able to apply that as well. Sounds complicated but NCL should be able to work it out.

Cecilia,

Love your new picture, what a cutie! (Sorry, off topic, but you can delete it after you read it.)

We were on the March 9, 2006 Star sailing. With some help from Shoreguy, we are once again dealing with NCL Corporate to fix a bad situation. Thanks, Jim... I'm glad we're finally on the same side of an issue! :p

From our perspective, how can it NOT be an NCL issue?!? If it weren't for the memebrship here, we would still be booking airfare and hotels to/in LA for a cruise that was cancelled. We booked direct with NCL and were never notified about a cancellation.

Even more noteworthy is the fact that although they cancelled the cruise, a call to our credit card company revealed that they did not refund our deposit. Is that even legal?!? It seems to me that that should be done automatically. If there is no cruise, why should NCL Corporate collect interest on all that deposit money?!? And, if we hadn't read this board, just when would we have been notified?!?... I guess we'll never know.

This time we took your advice and chose a newer ship with good reviews and we're still stuck with two weeks vacation and no vacation plans. :mad:

We can only hope that NCL Corporate handles the situation properly.

As always, we'll continue to keep the membership posted, and Shoreguy, thanks again! :)

Archived