Thoughts please. Interior Upper/Lower? Are they ok?

jeffdal

Hi all! Winter blues, need a vacation. Just want to get away in late April. Budget vacation. Be on water, drinks, somebody else cook, go to two ports, beaches, etc. I've always done ocean view and balconies but looking to travel on a budget and can't beat a good deal out of Galveston for Interior Upper/Lower at $369pp on Carnival Liberty (although the calendar thing shows $319 which is never an option). It's a EARLY SAVER – EXCLUSIVE VIFP CLUB OFFER with reduced deposit, free upgrades, etc.

What are your thoughts on upper/lower staterooms.

Thanks in advance.

I've stayed in interior rooms on several different Carnival ships. (We splurge on balconies for HAL and Princess). Their interior rooms are actually...roomy! And while I have not been in one of the Upper/Lower combinations, how much time are you going to spend in the room anyway?

I don't think you need us to convince you to take a cruise, do you? :)

Actually most of the 1As have more room than a typical inside. We have had 4 of them. Some even have a sofa, and some have portholes.

It would depend on which ones were available on whether I would do it again. I love them traveling as a solo, but my mom and sister also stayed in one quite comfortably. One took the bed and the other took the sofa. I wouldn't stay in one with bunk beds personally unless the other person wanted to be on the bunk.

Interiors are usually only $40 more and have more room. The 1A's are nice because they are on their own hallway and don't usually have much traffic. Only a single bed and a chair. Upper in the ceiling. If you can get 2 pushed together, a good deal.

They are referring to the Liberty and they are mixed amongst regular inside and outside cabins. No separate hallway. Also the 1As can be larger than regular insides. It may be different on other classes of ships as I am only familiar with the Conquest Class.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Some are larger than others. We cabin crawled 7345 on the Splendor. That cabin was huge. All 20+ of us fit in there and we could have had a DJ and a dance floor. The Liberty has a similar deckplan.

Definitely choose a 1A forward with the 2 portholes. These cabins have a twin bed along with a couch that converts to another twin bed. These cabins are larger than a regular inside cabin. They are close in size to the ocean view or balcony cabins. You do have to books thiese early because they do sell out quickly because they are cheaper than a regular inside cabin but are larger with a port hole. They are certainly a good value.

Edited by JohnSpo

I love the suggestions. Thanks.

I am now thinking between these two on the Liberty five day:

Option 1

Deck: Riviera

Room: 1221

Two twin beds (convert to king) and single sofa bed. Sofa and coffee table. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower. 3 closets. Two porthole windows.

Option 2 (8 bucks less a day)

Room: 1426 (one twin one pulldown)

same price there is 2207 Riviera, very forward but with twin and sofa bed.. how are the sofa beds?

Now the VIFP deal says free upgrades. What does that mean exactly?

I love the suggestions. Thanks.

I am now thinking between these two on the Liberty five day:

Option 1

Room: 1221

Two twin beds (convert to king) and single sofa bed. Sofa and coffee table. Desk and seat. Full bathroom with shower. 3 closets. Two porthole windows.

Option 2 (8 bucks less a day)

Room: 1426 (one twin one pulldown)

same price there is 2207 Riviera, very forward but with twin and sofa bed.. how are the sofa beds?

Now the VIFP deal says free upgrades. What does that mean exactly?

1221 is not a 1A it is a PT. You will have portholes to look out, a sofa, and a king sized bed. Bit of a walk to a lot of things, glass elevators don't go down to first floor but the regular ones do. Very convenient when getting on/off the ship in ports. May hear some waves crashing against the hull, but it doesn't bother a lot of people. Can be rocky in rough seas. Fingers crossed it won't happen.

1426 is a 1A. I included pictures of because I stayed in it. It was nice for one person as I didn't have to worry about the bunk. No sofa but a lot of room. It was nice to be by the elevators, but the wall where your head is is the steward's closet. They are up early and he parked the cart along the hall against the wall. You hear every time they talk to someone. No problem if you're a morning person. I'm not. It's a "sideways room". I liked it. Would stay there again but not my first choice.

2207 is a 1A. My mom and sister stayed in 2202 which they loved the layout (different than the room you're considering) but the did hear a ton of noise from the waves on the hull. My sister was a little unnerved saying it sounded like bombs going off. I didn't believe her until I heard it for myself. I called it the "Gong Show" room. I would have been absolutely cranky if I had to put up with that the whole cruise. I am a light sleeper and awaken easily.

I was originally booked in 2208 but changed cabins when 1426 opened up. I had been far forward like that before and remembered the shuddering and in case of rough seas I didn't want to be way up there. I would stay there if it meant being on the ship or not.

Free upgrades will show as available when you do a mock booking ie: location or deck. They will show as "Included" when looking at rooms instead of for an additional fee. 1As are rarely included in the free upgrade promotions as they are their own little category. Yes, they are technically inside rooms but they are all rated the same. No extra charges for location, deck, the ones with portholes, or the 3 with a king sized bed (2 twins put together).

The sofa bed is the top of the sofa. They did put an eggcrate without asking on it for my sister. It was comfy. I passed out on it after a day at Mr Sanchos in Cozumel :D. My mom thought it felt better on her back than the bed so they switched after a couple nights.

I would go with the PT room - 1221.

Thank you for this great information!!!!

1221 is not a 1A it is a PT. You will have portholes to look out, a sofa, and a king sized bed. Bit of a walk to a lot of things, glass elevators don't go down to first floor but the regular ones do. Very convenient when getting on/off the ship in ports. May hear some waves crashing against the hull, but it doesn't bother a lot of people. Can be rocky in rough seas. Fingers crossed it won't happen.

1426 is a 1A. I included pictures of because I stayed in it. It was nice for one person as I didn't have to worry about the bunk. No sofa but a lot of room. It was nice to be by the elevators, but the wall where your head is is the steward's closet. They are up early and he parked the cart along the hall against the wall. You hear every time they talk to someone. No problem if you're a morning person. I'm not. It's a "sideways room". I liked it. Would stay there again but not my first choice.

2207 is a 1A. My mom and sister stayed in 2202 which they loved the layout (different than the room you're considering) but the did hear a ton of noise from the waves on the hull. My sister was a little unnerved saying it sounded like bombs going off. I didn't believe her until I heard it for myself. I called it the "Gong Show" room. I would have been absolutely cranky if I had to put up with that the whole cruise. I am a light sleeper and awaken easily.

I was originally booked in 2208 but changed cabins when 1426 opened up. I had been far forward like that before and remembered the shuddering and in case of rough seas I didn't want to be way up there. I would stay there if it meant being on the ship or not.

Free upgrades will show as available when you do a mock booking ie: location or deck. They will show as "Included" when looking at rooms instead of for an additional fee. 1As are rarely included in the free upgrade promotions as they are their own little category. Yes, they are technically inside rooms but they are all rated the same. No extra charges for location, deck, the ones with portholes, or the 3 with a king sized bed (2 twins put together).

The sofa bed is the top of the sofa. They did put an eggcrate without asking on it for my sister. It was comfy. I passed out on it after a day at Mr Sanchos in Cozumel :D. My mom thought it felt better on her back than the bed so they switched after a couple nights.

I would go with the PT room - 1221.

I stayed in 2207 on the Breeze last month. It's a 1A with a twin and sofa. I loved the layout of the room and my mom said the sofa was comfortable enough, but the noise from the anchor, the waves, the vibrations rattling the empty hangers the last night of the cruise (I did take them all out and spread them around the floor LOL) and the general location made me glad that I know not to book it in the future. It was still a great cruise though, just a learning experience about that particular cabin and location :).

I stayed in 2207 on the Breeze last month. It's a 1A with a twin and sofa. I loved the layout of the room and my mom said the sofa was comfortable enough, but the noise from the anchor, the waves, the vibrations rattling the empty hangers the last night of the cruise (I did take them all out and spread them around the floor LOL) and the general location made me glad that I know not to book it in the future. It was still a great cruise though, just a learning experience about that particular cabin and location :).

Glad I changed rooms then! If it meant going cruising or not, I would stay in just about any cabin. But now I know if I get that one that I should refill my Ambien! :p

if you choose the 1A that is near the front of the ship, you will have 1 twin and a couch verses the pull down bunk. but, instead of getting near middle, you'll be near the front which is much more rocking lol. our first cruise we had that. lol but lots more walking room.