Cash needed!!

shaun07

Can people please send me some money so I can afford to cruise on Ncl again[emoji14] WOW the prices have gone up:mad:

I agree! I just returned last week on the Getaway and prices have doubled with less perks. Not a happy camper😞

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

No cash but I can send you an expired FCC if that will make you feel better.

My son has one of those also, and he received an email from NCL stating it was being reinstated and he could use it or transfer it to someone else before Feb 29 2016.

Yippee !!!! He tried to transfer it to my wife and I to use, and was flatly denied by Steven Stitt of NCL. I thought it was wrong, so emailed Andy Stuart and got no reply. I emailed Stitt and asked for explanation, and he didn't respond but gave it to one of his staff who said I misunderstood the email.

A week of so later, he got another email stating the same thing with one exception. It did not mention transferring it so someone else !!!!

Yes !!! He is willing to give it to someone but would prefer to give it to Stitt personally !

This is my first cruise so I really don't have a point of reference. I don't feel like I'm overpaying

That's what Ncl is counting on

They are alienating their loyal cruisers and trying to entice newbies with fake "freebies" which are already factored in to the prices...which accounts for the increases

Free at sea is a joke

OP, please consider joining others on go fund me dot com (crowdfunding) - LOL :D

Seriously, the cheerleading crowd is going come in and say otherwise. IMO, differences in points of reference.

Meanwhile, I just toss another Oceania brochure on Saturday - maybe, if NCL starts doing the same sales pitch, it might work for some.

Obviously, NCL themselves couldn't afford things either - due to overwhelming responses, according to another CC post/thread, it's being reported that NCL cancelled and withdrawn their extra add-on "Free Wine & Strawberries" promotion for select bookings ... Maybe, it's unrelated to the drop in their stock prices lately, fell below the $50 level - everyone is going to need to tighten the belts.

Edited by mking8288

OP, please consider joining others on go fund me dot com (crowdfunding) - LOL :D

Seriously, the cheerleading crowd is going come in and say otherwise. IMO, differences in points of reference.

Meanwhile, I just toss another Oceania brochure on Saturday - maybe, if NCL starts doing the same sales pitch, it might work for some.

Obviously, NCL themselves couldn't afford things either - due to overwhelming responses, according to another CC post/thread, it's being reported that NCL cancelled and withdrawn their extra add-on "Free Wine & Strawberries" promotion for select bookings ... Maybe, it's unrelated to the drop in their stock prices lately, fell below the $50 level - everyone is going to need to tighten the belts.

Last I saw was $47.82. Couple of bucks below CCL.

Is FDR on the go fund me site, too ???

Edited by swedish weave

I am not a NCL cheerleader but I will say when we evaluated cruise lines for our first ever family cruise, NCL was second to least expensive for what we wanted. Least expensive being Carnival. We're getting two connecting large balcony rooms on Escape for less than we could get a single standard balcony on one of RCCL's Quantam ships and nearly half the price of a family verandah or whatever it is on Disney. And yes, even with any extra ala cart charges, it will still be much cheaper. In fact, when I booked, I wondered if something was wrong with NCL that prices were so low. My wife and I have been on RCCL and really liked that so we felt at first that this might be something wrong with this line if prices were that reasonable.

To be fair, they can only charge what the market will pay and it is all supply and demand. And right now the demand is high. This is NOT only NCL, but across the industry, and prices are up across the board. I don't like it either, but I can hardly point fingers at FDR for cranking up prices. I have one current booking on NCL and am in no rush to make more at current pricing. Other lines that I would normally be holding bookings on I also am not, due to pricing. The value proposition is eroding, but again, this is not just NCL.

Since FDR has taken over the prices have really gone up. I usually book a cruise in January for the spring and prices are usually really good, not this year.

Our Escape booking for May 2016 costs the same as our Getaway cruise in May 2014 -- same cabin, same week, same itinerary. Oh, except we get free beverage package this time, whereas we bought it last time. Just an example that not all have gone up.

Our Escape booking for May 2016 costs the same as our Getaway cruise in May 2014 -- same cabin, same week, same itinerary. Oh, except we get free beverage package this time, whereas we bought it last time. Just an example that not all have gone up.

Agreed. We're spending $2,000 more for 14 days on the Escape than we did in 2014 for 7 days on the Getaway. Same category booking, except Aft this time and free drinks. I really wanna go Haven but $20,000 is a bit much for me to wrap my head around! :confused:

Edited by GrabMyWrist

Can people please send me some money so I can afford to cruise on Ncl again:p WOW the prices have gone up:mad:

Set up a ******** account. Seems that people will give strangers money for almost anything. Why not for a cruise. I set one up last year to fund my heroin addiction raised $6,312. SUCKERS[emoji382]

RIP Glenn Frey - Thanks for the voice 🕯[emoji25]

To be fair, they can only charge what the market will pay and it is all supply and demand. And right now the demand is high. This is NOT only NCL, but across the industry, and prices are up across the board. I don't like it either, but I can hardly point fingers at FDR for cranking up prices. I have one current booking on NCL and am in no rush to make more at current pricing. Other lines that I would normally be holding bookings on I also am not, due to pricing. The value proposition is eroding, but again, this is not just NCL.

i agree, the cost of cruising has gone up across most lines but Ncl seems to have gone up the most

Set up a ******** account. Seems that people will give strangers money for almost anything. Why not for a cruise. I set one up last year to fund my heroin addiction raised $6,312. SUCKERS[emoji382]

RIP Glenn Frey - Thanks for the voice 🕯[emoji25]

I was going to say the same thing... Well, except for the heroin thing.

NCL has indeed gone up considerably, especially, the Haven. I'm not sure, but I think Disney has gone up even more. Took one look at Disney prices a few days ago and said probably never again will I book on that line. I have one more cruise already booked on NCL and that may be it for a while with them as well.

Our balcony cabin on the Breakaway has gone up by nearly $250 pp since I booked in September for a June cruise. I keep watching the prices and they keep going up. DH and I have decided this coming cruise will be our last for awhile. With two cabins booked, the cost of the cruise will end up being $7000 or more by the time we disembark. We could take a nice vacation to Disney for much less and that's probably where we will end up in 2017. At least I am glad that we were able to experience some great cruises.