Cairns Docking Location

Hi All,

I am looking to book a tour for the GBR during our March cruise and am trying to figure out how close the cruise terminal is to the tour. The tour operator said they thought the Legend of the Seas docks at Trinity Wharf. Has anyone recently sailed that can let me know if that sound correct?

Thanks all for your help!

Mitch

Legend of the Seas overnights on the 9th March arriving at 9am and leaving at 6pm on the 10th March. They are docking at the Cairns Cruise Ship Terminal. You can walk to the marina to catch a GBR tour providing they are leaving after 10am for the 9th (which I don't think they do) or will be back by 5.30pm for all aboard on the 10th (which will be very iffy)..... it goes against the grain here, but you really should consider doing it with the ship.

Edited by Billy and Charlie's Mum

The GBR trips are really one of the cruise lines cons. They don't guarantee that you will be alongside before the 10.amm sailings and often their sail times put one in conflict if a private tour gets back late. What is worse is that the ships cost is nearly twice as much as the private cost. IF arrival time is around 8.00 am and departure around 6.00pm I would chance a private excursion if tying up at the cruise terminal. The GBR boats are just a few minutes walk from the cruise terminal

Thanks for the insight. I reached out to the operator and they said that they typically get back by 430-5 and we don't leave until 6. I was skeptical until I looked at a map and saw just how close the two piers really are. I think we will be booking directly through Dive Cairns Down Under. Thanks!

The GBR trips are really one of the cruise lines cons. They don't guarantee that you will be alongside before the 10.amm sailings and often their sail times put one in conflict if a private tour gets back late. What is worse is that the ships cost is nearly twice as much as the private cost. IF arrival time is around 8.00 am and departure around 6.00pm I would chance a private excursion if tying up at the cruise terminal. The GBR boats are just a few minutes walk from the cruise terminal