Princess Promotions Misleading

Shasta8

I had an issue also. I called my Princess rep & left a message saying that I wanted to book March10 4 day since it was free gratuities. Gave her the room # I wanted. She called back & said she reserved room. I told her it was a good deal with free grats. She said the room I chose didn't include them. Huh? Only 2 inside rooms qualified & they were $50 more - basically the price of grats. I was so angry I cancelled.

Also, I have never been offered these great deal people are getting. A supermarket checker saw my Princess bag mentioned she got an offer for a 4 day from LA for $179 for a balcony. I do about 3 cruise a year & have never gotten an email like that.

I've rarely seen a free gratuities promotion for inside cabins. I'm surprised they had 2

I know we are not allowed to recommend TA"s on here, so how do I find a good one? I had one I was using but I saw no value in it. I had to call when the price went down and never got any perks.
Ask around on your cruise. They're out there. :)

I just booked the same thing and only expecting the twice as nice with the free gratuities. My TA said they actually found a better promo for me but the free gratuities were not listed on my invoice. I called back and they were most definitely on there (complimentary) and I saved money to boot. Even got more shipboard credit ... won the lottery!! yay!

When I called back, I asked which promo they found for me that I came out ahead. It wasn't listed ... so still don't know what it was but happy, happy, happy anyway.

I just booked the same thing and only expecting the twice as nice with the free gratuities. My TA said they actually found a better promo for me but the free gratuities were not listed on my invoice. I called back and they were most definitely on there (complimentary) and I saved money to boot.

My travel agent was included in a promotion that included free

gratutity.

In the 'Comments' section of the confirmation, it says:

"Complementary Grats"

Doesn't seem very official...I guess I would have expected a line item,

like transfers, rather than a comment.

I just hope it is accurate, or I will wish I packed a lawyer in my

checked bags.

After reading this thread I was beginning to wonder as i also booked under this promotion and it did not show on my confirmation or cruise planner. I called Princess and got a very nice agent who explained it does not show on the confirmation but is emailing me something from special services showing it. Problem solved and will definitely take it with me.

I was going to ask for a manager, but then I went to rebook as a new customer and I noticed that when I switched it from 2 passaengers to 1, the "red" promo actually did disappear. So, the free grats was just for 2 people, but not if you booked solo. WTH?

Promotions often say (in the small print) they do not apply to only one passenger in a cabin.

Here's how you check if the gratuities are showing up...

1. Go to My Princess then click on 'Cruise Personalizer'

2. Click on 'Payments and Credits'

3. Click on 'Optional Gratuity Pre Payment'

The complimentary gratuities should show up there if you received them.

Thank you. I thought that might only work if one had booked

directory with princess, but I booked with a TA, and it shows

'Paid' for me.

I can now leave the lawyer out of the suitcase, making more room for

Mrs. Pablo's shoes.