Attaching luggage tags

rgmacm

How do you attach luggage tags to luggage if you don't have one of the nice tag holders? (asking for my parents who are cruising with us in a week....) In their excitement, they bought some, but didn't realize the size they needed to be...the ones they bought are too small. :(

Fyi, There's no time to order anything online...our cruise is next week.

Just wondering what other people do... :)

Edited by rgmacm

How do you attach luggage tags to luggage if you don't have one of the nice tag holders? (asking for my parents who are cruising with us in a week....) In their excitement, they bought some, but didn't realize the size they needed to be...the ones they bought are too small. :(

Don't even try. The porters will have luggage tags. When you check your bags, get the tags from them, write your name and cabin numbers. They have elastic tags and easily go around a handle.

Edited by zqvol

Simply follow the directions on the paper, fold and loop it through a handle on the bag and staple the tag together. I also put some clear packing tape on it to make it a little more sturdy.

This is exactly what I do. One piece of tape horizontal and one lengthwise, always with PRIORITY clearly visible.

Edited by evandbob

AAA offices sell some made for cruise ship tags. Reasonably priced and are very durable. They're cheaper if you're a member but you can still purchase them if you're not;)

AAA offices sell some made for cruise ship tags. Reasonably priced and are very durable. They're cheaper if you're a member but you can still purchase them if you're not;)

This is what I was going to suggest. We prefer the luggage tag holders. I refuse to make attaching luggage tags an arts and crafts project.

Stapler=not needed, tape=do before leaving

Like you, we tape prior to leaving home. I do staple the hell out of them to the handles of the suitcase the morning we board. We have a very small stapler for just that. If we spend the night in a hotel the night before we board I just go down to the hotel's check-in desk and borrow their's. Nothing could be easier (other than a tag).

I wrap mine completely in packing tape. I always put two on each piece of luggage and I haven't had one tear off yet. :D

Why would you put tags on before leaving. There useless until at the port. More chance of them getting torn off.

Hmmm....I read, re-read, then read my post again and could not find the part where I mentioned putting the tags on before leaving.

What I did say in few words, now in reverse order, you don't need to bring tape with you, fold them and tape them before leaving.

Also, I don't think a stapler needs to be brought along, after taping a quick hole punched at both ends can be secured with a twist tie or 2, before boarding the ship. We've done this on numerous cruises, but now use tag holders.

I wrap mine in so much packing tape they have never torn. We also drive, so I would rather be ready to go. I could understand waiting if you were flying.

Why would you put tags on before leaving. There useless until at the port. More chance of them getting torn off.