Spring Break question on the Regal

happytovacation

Thank you! I will try to remember, but if I forget, feel free to remind me! Our cruise is the week of March 6, 2016. :)

We went that week last year on Regal. I saw very little spring breakers on our cruise. There was no difference with that week than any other week over the winter that we sailed. I just checked, we were on the 3/8/15 Regal sailing. Really, there were so few few spring breakers that I really did not take note except for about 5 who were with a dance club. They were great ballroom dancers and wonderful to watch.

Edited by geocruiser

I'll be on the Regal for Spring Break (University of Florida)! Feb 28th - March 6th. Most colleges have Spring Break that week, or March 6th-13th. I will say however from someone with insider knowledge, college kids have no interest in "Princess Cruises". They book RCCL and Carnival. As a matter of fact, the reason my GF and I booked Princess was to avoid that crowd. We don't drink so prefer the older crowd :cool:

Edited by Socceric9

The cost of cruising the Regal Princess can turn the college crowd away. The Royal class ships of Princess have higher pricing than the Grand class.

We have sailed Princess many times during Spring break weeks and never have experienced a problem.

• 1 month later...
We are also sailing during spring break on the Regal and I am excited. Most colleges have spring break the first or second week in March. It is rare they have spring break the last week in March. When we sailed on Princess during spring break before, we had the best time we ever had on a cruise. When we sailed before during this time period, we did not have any problems.

We will be on Regal 3/20. I am hoping for no problems as I have my teenage kids

We cruised last year on B2B spring Caribbean Princess, many college students on board and they were incredibly cute IMHO, did like to drink but still not a problem for us

We are sailing spring break this year 7 day on Regal this month ....not anticipating any problems

I am on the Emerald in 5 days. Someone just posted on our roll call that the Emerald cruise that boarded today that there are long lines at the bars and drunk people running up and down the hallways and loud music coming from some rooms.

I hope Princess gets a grip on this so that everybody who paid for their cruise can enjoy their cruise.

I was on the Regal the last year the last week of March. We disembarked on Easter Sunday. Fortunately we missed the spring breakers.

There were families on board but the children were kept busy with activities. I would sail the Regal Easter week again in a heart beat! Enjoy your cruise.

I am on the Emerald in 5 days. Someone just posted on our roll call that the Emerald cruise that boarded today that there are long lines at the bars and drunk people running up and down the hallways and loud music coming from some rooms.

I hope Princess gets a grip on this so that everybody who paid for their cruise can enjoy their cruise.

Did they get on the wrong ship?

I am sailing Regal on 3/27 with my wife, 17 year old daughter and her friend. My wife is a teacher so yes this week is her spring break. I am really not sure why all the fuss about this. Why do people assume EVERY college and high school kid is going to be out of control on a cruise? Honestly in all of the cruises I have taken over my life, most of the bad/unacceptable behavior has come from adults. Selfish, rude, loud, sometimes drunk adults that think the world revolves around them! There are plenty of college and high school aged kids that know how to behave and enjoy themselves. As in everything there may be exceptions so you deal with those if and when they arise, but to worry and get caught up in the banter on here doesn't change the situation. People on here will ALWAYS generalize and tell you that ALL college kids are going to get drunk, puke on your fancy dress, throw some chairs in the pool have wild unprotected sex in the public areas of the ship! These are most likely the same people that will think their cruise is ruined if you don't wear a tux on formal night LOL!! Go on your vacation....have fun....don't worry!!

We will be sailing on the Regal March 2017, do you think there will be spring breakers on the Western cruise? I have read of so many horror stories because of spring breakers I just hope they aren't going to impact a 7 day trip.

Any advise or suggestions on the above would be appreciated.

Thank you

Yes you will get a ton of kids and teenagers. We did a Easter and Christmas cruise last year and my wife said never again at Easter the kids were so out of control the captain had to make an announcement to remind parents that they are just as responsible as the kids. At Christmas the kids were fine.

I am sailing Regal on 3/27 with my wife, 17 year old daughter and her friend. My wife is a teacher so yes this week is her spring break. I am really not sure why all the fuss about this. Why do people assume EVERY college and high school kid is going to be out of control on a cruise? Honestly in all of the cruises I have taken over my life, most of the bad/unacceptable behavior has come from adults. Selfish, rude, loud, sometimes drunk adults that think the world revolves around them! There are plenty of college and high school aged kids that know how to behave and enjoy themselves. As in everything there may be exceptions so you deal with those if and when they arise, but to worry and get caught up in the banter on here doesn't change the situation. People on here will ALWAYS generalize and tell you that ALL college kids are going to get drunk, puke on your fancy dress, throw some chairs in the pool have wild unprotected sex in the public areas of the ship! These are most likely the same people that will think their cruise is ruined if you don't wear a tux on formal night LOL!! Go on your vacation....have fun....don't worry!!

Much of the issue is college spring break. (I teach at the local Clt university). Often this is a first taste of true travel freedom, combined with a group mentality that creates the reputation. Right now on the Emerald, there is someone commenting on drunk young adults, running through the hallways and playing loud music.

You are right. Many young adults are responsible and courteous. Sadly, just a small group can create a pretty big havoc-- and this is where the reputation is created.

We've cruised during spring break and it was not a problem. HOWEVER, we once cruised with a family reunion group and they were a bit of a nightmare. It was a loud Italian family from NYC. (We're Italian as well so this is not meant to be insulting, just descriptive.) They made their presence known wherever they were. Constantly shouting to each other, rearranging furniture to sit together. The older teen boys had quite an attitude. This family was hard to miss and I'll take a few college students over that group any day.

FTR- I'm a college instructor and I happen to like college students.

We cruised on the Regal last year over Easter. They announced there were 1000 kids on board. My teenage granddaughters had the time of their life.

We all had a great time. Enjoy your cruise.

No thanks. ;) We can tolerate a number of them but not 1000. :eek:

We will be sailing on the Regal March 2017, do you think there will be spring breakers on the Western cruise? I have read of so many horror stories because of spring breakers I just hope they aren't going to impact a 7 day trip.

Any advise or suggestions on the above would be appreciated.

Thank you

Sorry, but I've seen too many "lowlife's in action" videos on Youtube to ever consider doing a March cruise!

"Sorry, but I've seen too many "lowlife's in action" videos on Youtube to ever consider doing a March cruise"

That's your problem, watching too may Youtube videos. That is a small percentage of people and not the norm. My son is college junior at a major university and he is home this week for spring break and I asked him. He said NO ONE he knows goes on cruises for spring break and the few that he does hear about go on 3 or 4 night cruises, mostly on carnival or RCL.