What's up with these tour co's?

dcherry

I emailed a few venford. One did not get back to me, so after two weeks I sent another message from a different address and then got a quick response. It might have been my mail got stuck in a spam filter somewhere. Another venfor that did get my mail in the first try and responded within two days. Now we are booked and looking forward to our day on St. Kitts...

My experience is that they aren't really interested. And those who are good, I mean really good, have contacts with the ship companies. If ships are in port on a certain day, many vendors are booked with them and then they don't answer emails. Shame.

I emailed Liz (owner) at Pereira Tours last night around 8pm EST time and she emailed me back within about 5 minutes. We exchanged a few emails and I booked our time in St. Kitts with her. No deposit required - at least for what I arranged.

She also found me on Facebook and added me to a private group for Pereira Tour guests - where you can get information and ask questions, etc...

If the rest of the dealings with her/her company go the same, I would highly recommend the company.

Dan.

I emailed Liz (owner) at Pereira Tours last night around 8pm EST time and she emailed me back within about 5 minutes. We exchanged a few emails and I booked our time in St. Kitts with her. No deposit required - at least for what I arranged.

She also found me on Facebook and added me to a private group for Pereira Tour guests - where you can get information and ask questions, etc...

If the rest of the dealings with her/her company go the same, I would highly recommend the company.

Dan.

I have had the same experience with Liz. she is very helpful and gets back to you so quickly

Dan.

We used Liz several years ago and had the best experience - Rose was our guide and she was fabulous!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I messaged Royston twice with no response. I called today and got the wishy-washy response that 'he didn't know if he wanted to do that day'. WTH? Not a no, per se, but certainly not a yes. He came highly recommended by my BFF, but that attitude just rubs me the wrong way. I'm moving on. Sounds like Liz might be a better choice. Any other recommendations?

Having the same problem with Thenford. Have emailed twice and not getting a response

I've heard, but don't know for sure, that Thenford is booking more via ships and isn't as available. So maybe he's ignoring non ship related requests. Btu it sure would be thoughtful for all of these folks to have a nicely worded reply for inquiries. At least you'd know to look elsewhere and not unduly ( or duly:D)give the vendor a bad name.

I emailed Thenford using the contact form and didn't hear anything for a day or two. Then I sent another email to the email address itself. I got back 2 responses, one from each method of contact! The person didn't really answer my question (which tours were available) and instead just said that they could book me and my husband on the Great Tour of St. Kitts. The person didn't respond to my follow-up, but when I did email a couple days after that to say I was interested in the Grand Tour, she (or he?) wrote back right away confirming our reservation... So it was weird, but we're confirmed, so that's that, I guess.

I messaged Royston twice with no response. I called today and got the wishy-washy response that 'he didn't know if he wanted to do that day'. WTH? Not a no, per se, but certainly not a yes. He came highly recommended by my BFF, but that attitude just rubs me the wrong way. I'm moving on. Sounds like Liz might be a better choice. Any other recommendations?

Well, I guess Royston felt guilty, because I received an email this evening saying that he will take us if we are still interested. We are thrilled. His small group tour includes lunch and our two kids(12 &14) are only $20. Great deal! :)

I emailed Thenford using the contact form and didn't hear anything for a day or two. Then I sent another email to the email address itself. I got back 2 responses, one from each method of contact! The person didn't really answer my question (which tours were available) and instead just said that they could book me and my husband on the Great Tour of St. Kitts. The person didn't respond to my follow-up, but when I did email a couple days after that to say I was interested in the Grand Tour, she (or he?) wrote back right away confirming our reservation... So it was weird, but we're confirmed, so that's that, I guess.

Same here...reached out via contact form first about 4-5 days ago. No word. Followed up this morning through their email address. Hopefully will hear back. Feb through April must be one of their craziest times.

• 3 weeks later...
I emailed a few venford. One did not get back to me, so after two weeks I sent another message from a different address and then got a quick response. It might have been my mail got stuck in a spam filter somewhere. Another venfor that did get my mail in the first try and responded within two days. Now we are booked and looking forward to our day on St. Kitts...

Can you tell me what email address you use to contact Thenford?

Well, I guess Royston felt guilty, because I received an email this evening saying that he will take us if we are still interested. We are thrilled. His small group tour includes lunch and our two kids(12 &14) are only $20. Great deal! :)

He is great! You will love him. We have been on 20 cruise and countless excursions and this was one of the best.

• 1 month later...
Thanks again Dan-P. I've already received a reply to the email I sent Liz. She sure does seem to offer a lot! I was happy to see that she has a web address which she included in her email. For anyone interested, it's: https://lizpereirastourstore.shutterfly.com

Glad to help. We were super easy customers for her, but everything went exactly as she said it would: from email responses, to meeting us in person at port, to a great driver to our destination, to making sure we were back to the ship with plenty of time to spare.

If you are on Facebook, she has a private FB group she can add you to as well for additional info and communication.

Dan.

Edited by Dan-P

I contacted Thenford Grey last night via his website for the tour. He responded to me by mid day today and we have emailed back and forth 3 times already. We are booked with him for our tour in September and I'm so excited!!

• 3 weeks later...

I just have to say that we had a huge group from our roll call book with Liz and it was a disaster! From the meet up that we were told to be at, to trying to gather everyone's names on the tour (which the person from our roll call had already organized, complete with a spread sheet), to putting people on the open air buses. She managed to put a few couples on the WRONG bus that ended up on an island tour instead of heading to Reggae Beach with the rest of us. It was such a cluster flark!

Our driver was crazy slow with going up the hills in 1st gear the ENTIRE way and people backed up behind us and at every chance they got, they would zoom around us on the dangerous twisting hills.

We were supposed to get a 10 minute top at Timothy Hill for pictures...he did NOT stop either going there or coming back.

We were supposed to have 2 different return pick up times (one early and one late) and we only got the choice of 1 total...which was early.

The second tour bus was over 1 hour late returning to pick up the group that they were left standing in the hot parking lot waiting on them. Some decided to pay extra to take a cab back due to fear of getting back too late and some had dinner reservations on the ship.

The poor souls that ended up on the wrong buses only ended up getting 1 hour or so of beach time at Reggae Beach and that was the entire reason for booking with Liz.

It was just one mess up after another. :mad:

We will never book with them again or with a big group. So much easier to just grab a cab and go if you are just heading to a specific beach or place.