Celebrity Questions

Delta.com is a US site.

I booked and paid for the cruise on .au site.

Basically, Celebrity is masquerading as dealing in Australian dollars when they don't fully as they cause transaction fees because they deal in foreign currencies.

The site you book from doesn't mean where the payment will be made.

Although I agreed earlier as an Australian business and operation you'd expect them to process here, some Australian businesses use US sites, and vice versa. Even your bank/credit card provided ANZ primarily marketed their site as anz.com!

The site you book from doesn't mean where the payment will be made.

Although I agreed earlier as an Australian business and operation you'd expect them to process here, some Australian businesses use US sites, and vice versa. Even your bank/credit card provided ANZ primarily marketed their site as anz.com!

Ha. I never noticed that. Though ANZ is in NZ too. Or it was when I lived there.

A query please from a Celebrity newby.

I think I had read somewhere on the main Celebrity forum about a recent change regarding the tie up between pre paid gratuities and dining choice.

I don't wish to pre pay; but just want to have the daily auto gratuities added to my onboard account.

I also wish to have Select (anytime) dining.

Is this combination possible on all Celebrity ships and sailings ?

Also, on the booking I made it does show pre paid gratuities as optional.

On a different cruise, I tried a dummy booking and it automatically added in pre paid gratuities.

Was all a bit confusing I must admit.

Thanks.

Edited by Tranquility Base

I think I had read somewhere on the main Celebrity forum about a recent change regarding the tie up between pre paid gratuities and dining choice.

I don't wish to pre pay; but just want to have the daily auto gratuities added to my onboard account.

Also, on the booking I made it does show pre paid gratuities as optional.

On a different cruise, I tried a dummy booking and it automatically added in pre paid gratuities.

Was all a bit confusing I must admit.

Thanks.

Currently it is still a ship by ship/ cruise by cruise basis. I would not be surprised if they do not introduce it on Australian sailings or force Aussies to prepay if wanting select dining.

Yes, you can do this. The default for gratuities is that they will automatically be charged onboard, if they haven't been prepaid.

However, online options are not always configurable. If not coming up this way, you would need to contact RCL (if booking directly), or your TA to set it up.

Thanks Big M; you are quite correct.

I called Celebrity anyway as my cruise now has better perks included at the same price.

We did the new booking and there was also no problem with removing pre-paid gratuities while on select dining.

The website had included the gratuities pre-paid automatically, so as you say it does require manual input sometimes.

Thanks Big M; you are quite correct.

I called Celebrity anyway as my cruise now has better perks included at the same price.

We did the new booking and there was also no problem with removing pre-paid gratuities while on select dining.

The website had included the gratuities pre-paid automatically, so as you say it does require manual input sometimes.

Glad it was sorted for you.:D

• 5 months later...
Heading off soon on my first Celebrity cruise.

How do I ensure my onboard account is charged to my credit card in USD and not in the currency of my card ?

Is this done via the booking, at check in, or at guest services ?

Is there a form to fill out ?

You select your pref at online check-in. When you check in at the port and present your credit card, it gets confirmed again then.

• 1 month later...

Another question please, as this is my first Celebrity.

Regarding MDR and the dining time reservation while on Select dining.

I have selected a date and time via my booking on the website for the first sea day.

I have not yet selected any other days.

How does that work in practise, IE do they actually try to have a seat allocated for you at that time ?

The reason I ask is I wish to be at a larger table (about 6-8) but the reservation didn't ask about that.

Or, is it better just to show up and when at the front of the queue ask for a larger sharing table.

Thanks.

Another question please, as this is my first Celebrity.

Regarding MDR and the dining time reservation while on Select dining.

I have selected a date and time via my booking on the website for the first sea day.

I have not yet selected any other days.

How does that work in practise, IE do they actually try to have a seat allocated for you at that time ?

The reason I ask is I wish to be at a larger table (about 6-8) but the reservation didn't ask about that.

Or, is it better just to show up and when at the front of the queue ask for a larger sharing table.

Thanks.

We normally just rebook each night as we leave, this way if there is a particular waiter whose service we like, we can ensure being in that area again. You can just show up whenever you wish although at peak times, you may need to wait for a table. If you want to share then that may be quicker, for the larger tables, showing up may work best. speak to the Maitre' De once on board.

Edited by MicCanberra

Yes, thanks Mic; that is what I think I'll do.

Just turn up around 6ish and ask for a large table and see how it works out.

Trying to plan and book select timings via the website seems to defeat the purpose of retaining some flexibility.

Exactly, you may find that you meet a couple or more friends and want to join them each evening, so it is the best of both worlds.:D