Parking at Port of Miami

drgonzogoo

Hey there, we are sailing on the Breeze in April and will be arriving by car. Is the port parking the best value/safety option? I would imagine that no hotel lets you use their lot for a week, but a cheap lot that may or may not have all or most of our car when we get back isn't good either. We appreciate the help and pointers. Thanks!

This totally doesn't answer your question, but if you decide to park at the port, it's really convenient. We parked, and walked across the street right into the terminal. Basically, like it was hourly parking at an airport. That close. It's not cheap, but It's safe and convenient.

I didnt know if there is a lot or garage that may be on radar as a good value compared to the port. But, i guess i should stop trying to fight the man and just park in his garage. I'll definitely be playing Rage Against the Machine at an inappropriate volume when i take the stub from the automated-parking-jackbooted thug. :D

We tried to save some money parking off site and taking the complimentary shuttle to the port. It was a bad idea for many reasons. If we do it again, we will gladly pay a little extra to park at port parking. It's literally across the street from the port.

I would appreciate a little help with some questions about the port parking. We will be on the Celebrity Eclipse in Feb. I have a high top conversion van that needs 9' clearance. According to the port website garage G (we are going out of terminal g) has a 9'6" clearance on the first floor. Can someone tell me if the spaces on the first floor are reserved for high clearance vehicles or can anyone park there? What time would be a good time to arrive to have the best chance at a spot on that first floor? Last question - someone mentioned that you should take your parking ticket with you as you need to pay before you exit the garage - you can't pay from your car?

thanks for the help

Don't count on being able to park a high top van in any of the parking garages at POM. First floors are always full. For the OP, parking at the port of Miami is $20/night but worth every penny, especially for the convenience of just walking off the ship and across the street to your car. I do not recommend any of the off port parking lots in downtown Miami for security reasons.

• 4 weeks later...