Where do you go to find details on Princess cabins

Cabogirl13

Need input from those of you with experience please. Where is it that people go to see what their actual cabin will look like and the associated view? I have looked and looked and can't seem to find any details about where we were assigned. I read from many of you about being about to get specifics and views. Can you share your secrets? In my case we will be on the Emerald princess

Need input from those of you with experience please. Where is it that people go to see what their actual cabin will look like and the associated view? I have looked and looked and can't seem to find any details about where we were assigned. I read from many of you about being about to get specifics and views. Can you share your secrets? In my case we will be on the Emerald princess

What is your cabin no.?

You have a very good cabin location. If you go to the Princess site and click on the Ships and Experience tab you will get a dropdown list. Click on Cruise Ships and Deck Plans. Click on Emerald Princess then use the drop down list to go to your deck. You can then click on your cabin and you will get a picture and description of it. There are also lots of You Tube videos out there showing various types of cabins.

I prefer to get all those details when I board the ship and get to the cabin;)

Getting complete photos on each and every cabin is going not going to happen.

You can see where the cabin is on the ship by looking at the deck plans.

Most cabins are very similar to the diagrams on the Princess website.

You can also google photos of Emerald princess Cabin C434 and see what turns up.

C434 on the Caribe deck (B1 balcony)

Great Cabin, Great Location, Great Views, probably the best balcony cat. cabin on the Emerald Princess, 9'x9' balcony with two chairs, two foot stools and one table. Go to the ship's deck plans, locate the cabin and look at the layout. However, the cabin plan is not exact. Your closet will be six foot long and run the entire length of the the wall into the area where a bathroom sink is shown. Your wardrobe shelves will be at the end of the closet right where the sink is, not on the left where it is shown. The bathroom space extends out further into the hall space, not the angle as shown. The balcony is twice the size as shown. The bedroom area is just as shown.

As previously mentioned, the best you get from the deck plans is your cabin location and a generic description. They rarely provide measurements but do provide square footage. You have to be careful in that some lines provide the balcony area separate from the cabin while others combine them, most often you have to subtract the given balcony size from the cabin size. It gets difficult to do though if you have an unique balcony arrangement.

What's helped me when we've had an unusual or unique cabin is to look at the ship reviews and the associated cabin reviews to see if someone has provided a review of your cabin or perhaps of the adjacent ones. I looked for your cabin in C.C. and couldn't find any reviews for it or nearby ones. However, over on Cruiseline I did find someone who rated your cabin. Here is what they said:

Sail Date: November 21, 2015

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Traveled As: Couple

Room Type: Balcony

Cabin: C434

excellent great crew and staff, amazing food. Enjoyed every minute of it. will be back, great destinations and view from my balcony room.

Thanks everyone for your input, I do appreciate it. I had been reading posts about people saying they looked directly out on to some obstruction or another and was just trying to see if we were gonna have any "challenges". This is a "test" cruise for hubby as he has never been on one and if it goes well there will be a Med cruise in my future next (2017) summer.